Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday, NOVEMBER 1st, and I've been tagged...for a while!

Well, I believe it was more than a week ago that Crazymama tagged me, and I'm finally getting around to it! It's been busy around here. I should be doing other things today as well, but I'm giving myself some down time! ;)

So, 7 random things about me....

  1. I love Dr. Pepper and drink way too much of it. Enough that I get headaches from lack of caffeine if I skip it for a day. At least I have switched to Diet recently, to try and avoid making myself diabetic from all the sugar. I hate most diet drinks, but diet DP seems to have less of an aftertaste, especially the cherry vanilla variety.
  2. I met my husband on the internet. LDS Singles online. Yeah, kinda nerdy, but if we hadn't met that way, we would have never met since I was in Utah and he in Texas!
  3. I went to Israel 12 years ago and LOVED it. I would adore to go back....when it's a bit safer...but that may not happen! It was an amazing place.
  4. I have never been to Hawaii but would love to go. Now. With no children in tow.
  5. I once said "no" to a church calling...scout den mother...I had a 5 week old baby, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, was teaching coop preschool in my home twice every 3rd week, and still had 25 hours of volunteer hours to put in at Riley's school. After I declined, the counselor said they questioned themselves if this was a good calling for me...my first thought, although I kept it to myself, was, "If you wondered that, why did you extend the calling at all?"
  6. I used to snow ski. I don't anymore. I decided I don't really like being cold, and find myself that way when I ski. I am also afraid of getting hurt and not being able to take care of my kids. It has also become way too expensive!
  7. Waaayyyy back when I was a kid, Donny Osmond moved in two houses down from us while his "big" house was being finished. His little boy, Donald, would come down and watch my dad mow our lawn. Apparently a dad that actually mowed their own lawn was fascinating to him! Later, Jimmy moved into the house, but was usually not around. He had a cool Back to The Future Delorean (sp?) in the garage though!
I don't know who to tag...how about I just do one...I tag Nurse Heidi!

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! yay! ok i have never been to Hawaii either. and while i think it would be fun i am not dying to go because i would feel compelled to wear a swim suit and that just wouldn't be cute.
Israel huh? woW! you have a passport?
i wouldn't wanna go now though either! better safe .
i have never skied but you are smart to figure out that you didn't like to be cold.
that is interesting they considered that it wouldn't be a good calling for you but did it anyway. 5 week old enough said! they should really give new moms a chance to recover for a month or two before they start giving new callings.
fancy that about Donny Osmond.
love the DR. pepper! me too. but i still can't do diet.
and you got lucky on the internet dating ! it does open up your range way farther than a town or state could offer you. that is cool!

love your top ten. i might do this again i think i remembered 7 more random things.

Crazymamaof6 said...

i mean 7 random things not top ten, i am retarded sometimes.

Lisa said...

funny enough, I think the big house Donny was building at the time was two houses down the street from me. Was it in the mid-80's in Provo? I even got to babysit little Donald.

I love Dr. Pepper too but I can't do diet.

andrea said...

Lisa! Yep, up on the hill in Provo, off Foothill....you lived up THERE?!? Fancy-schmancy! ;) Too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails