I did it, I finished Nicole's costume. Next year, I VOW to find out what they are going to be in September and if any sewing is required, I'll do it then. I did better this year though, as I bought Jared's costume at the end of AUGUST! Mainly because I found the costume he wanted in the correct size at Costco in AZ....they hadn't had the right size in UT, and I was a little worried I might miss out.
The kids had fun at their respective school activities. Jared came home telling about how he went "caroling" for treats to some of his preschool teachers neighbors. He then sang his little song about a witch with a pointy chin, broom, and cat, and then yells BOO as loud as possible at the end.
Thankfully my sister-in-law had the BYU cheer outfit and it fit Ellie. Much easier to borrow it than have to drive to the BYU bookstore and hope they had the right size! By the end of the night, Ellie was pretty understandable in her wants. We kept trying to get her to say "Trick or treat", but she'd just shorten it to "TREAT!" She knew what she wanted and told them. None of this trick garbage for her!
She got "thank you!" down pretty well, although it sounds more like "dee-doo!" most of the time. She refused to go home after a few houses, and had to stick it out and go the whole time. Poor Jared and Nicole had to slow down for her. She wouldn't let us hold her either, SHE had to do it! So sad to see my baby demanding to be a big kid....
It was a fun night, and the kids are now alternating between sugar crash meltdowns and "I need a nap" fights! Hopefully things will even out tomorrow!
**Edited to add: I forgot to write that Riley, again, refused a picture...She just wore her Jack Skellington hoodie, and did her face up like a zombie. She didn't go trick or treating, because we got her a huge bag of candy! So she stayed home and handed out candy for a while, then watched a movie. Oh, the tragedies of growing older!**




6 comments:
love the picture! looks like a fun time! glad you had a good Halloween!
I am lovin' that little "Cougar"!! What cute kids! (Love the new background too!)
The kids look great in their costumes! And I love the pumpkin pics! Hope your Halloween was great.
Ellie is too stinkin' cute!! I could just take her home. I'm also very impressed by your sewing prowess. I only sew square things like curtains and blankets.
Way to go! You did a great job on her costume. Nicole's costume is great. I remember sewing costumes for my children. Great memories.
Cute Cute Cute!! You make me tired...they SELL Dorthy costumes ya know....But they're not as cute as the one you made!:) Your kids are getting so big! Darling!!
Post a Comment