Friday, November 30, 2007

Fact Smorgasbord.....

I've been tagged.....thanks OneHM!

the rules of tag...
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

Hmmm....more weird and random things...

1. You know how most teenagers are clumsy and just don't have complete control over their limbs, but then grow out of it? I never did. And I'm even worse since I had kids! I am a serious klutz. Two years ago I even managed to step wrong on the edge of the DOORMAT....yes, all 1" of it...and broke my foot. Almost needed freaking SURGERY for it! But after 6 weeks in a big walking boot, they decided surgery wasn't needed...a doormat people! (Murphy's Law sidenote: The day that I got the boot, I came home from the doctor, sat down in the kitchen, and Nicole walked up to me and promptly vomited all over it. Good thing for Febreeze.)

2. I had braces when I was younger...didn't everyone? But my parents didn't send me to a real orthodontist. Just a dentist that thought he could dabble in orthodontia. He didn't do a good job. And I hated the retainer he gave me. It was like a medieval torture device that resembled a football mouthpiece. Then he expected me to wear it to Jr High? Yeah, right. So I didn't. Consequently, I look like I never had braces. Therefore, I am seriously considering getting them again. I figure no matter what, in 2 years, I'll be two years older, but I could have straight teeth as well...

3. I have a genetic disorder. My dad had it as well. It doesn't have a name, at least not one I've discovered, but it's when you get these big ideas about some project or hobby that you want to get started in, and go out and buy all the equipment and gak you may need to begin this project or hobby, and then never do it. Complete lack of follow-through! I guess it would be more of a genetic/mental disorder!

4. This morning, for breakfast, I had a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. Breakfast of champions!

5. My husbands 1st wife died of cancer. When she was diagnosed with the relapse, Ron's aunt had a grandson in the NICU at the hospital I worked at. She came in one time when I was assigned to him and met me. (I really don't remember it.) That day, after she met me, she called Ron's mom and told her that if his wife died, that she had met the girl he should marry...me. Ron's mom remembered it, because at the time, Ron's brother was married to an Andrea, and she said, "That would be too confusing to have 2 Andrea's in the family!" Fast-forward 4 years, and we are engaged....without any help from his aunt, but, WEIRD huh?! Oh, and as it turns out, Ron's brother and the other Andrea got divorced, so I'm the only one!

Now...who to tag...friends from way back...
Steph, oh, and Lance too!
Tami
Kellie
Nicole
Barbara

7 comments:

onehm said...

That is awesome...#5 is freakin' scary!!

Beth said...

#1 - Yep - we are definitely sisters. Sorry!
#2 They took me to an actual orthodontist, wore my bottom retainer for 10 years, and my teeth still went crooked. Shall we do Invisalign together?
#3 - Yep - we are definitely sisters - did anyone of our siblings not inherit this disorder? I think we all have some form of ADHD. Thanks Dad!
#4 - My breakfast this a.m. (and most mornings) was a 44 oz. Diet Coke from QT. The best fountain drinks ever! I may not be able to visit UT until they start building them there.
#5 - This is so wild. I don't ever remember you telling me this. (Maybe you did and the Diet Coke is making my memory fuzzy. It's really good for that.)

Love you sis!

Kellie said...

I had no idea about any of this! How did you meet your husband if his aunt didn't have anything to do with it? I love stories like that!

Hacking it up said...

Great list! I can't say I've ever broken anything on a doormat, but I definitely trip over them all the time...and anything else, like air.

You really need to post your story about You and Ron and Riley, and how you all hooked up...it's awesome!

Thanks for the tag dork. I'm just going to post my 101 things about me...that'll teach ya...

bradi said...

Okay, I tore a ligament in my foot while running out to the car. Being a klutz must be genetic! I think about braces and projects I'll never complete too. Diet Dr. Pepper? For breakfast? That's pretty gross like throw-up-on-your-new-fancy-cast-boot gross! Aren't you like a nurse, or something? Isn't breakfast the most important meal of the day? Ugh! And Ugh! to Beth, too! Now send me some of those cookbooks! ;)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your list...it was so funny and you have such an awesome sense of humor and your so witty! I really just sat and laughed....

Nurse Heidi said...

If I'd have been drinking something when I read your list, it definitely would have been coming out of my nose! I have that same dreaded genetic klutz disorder. I can't tell you how many things I've tripped over, dumped, knocked over...etc. Alan just shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails