Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Things that make you say, "Hmmm..."

I'll try my best not to sound like a horrible mother right now...

Why is it that as new parents, we can't wait for the day when our baby starts making those sweet cooing noises, laugh out loud, and the blessed first word?

I guess we don't realize that in a few very short years, there are days that all we want our children to do is shut their mouths and not utter another sound. The sounds that emanate from them become like fingernails on a chalkboard. And no matter how we beg, plead, and cajole them to just be quiet, for two minutes, they are literally physically unable to be quiet. It's like they will actually explode or spontaneously combust if they have to not make a sound. I'm serious.

I'm having one of those days....

If you were at Costco around noon, I was the freak show trying to keep the monkey's from climbing the displays, yelling at the tops of their lungs, and running around like maniacs. And then when I told the boy that because of his behavior choices we were going home for lunch instead of pizza, he was the hysterical mass writhing on the floor.

I just need a little quiet time....but I guess I'll take some Excedrin and wait a few more hours! ;)

PS- WOW! Three posts in one day?! I better stop or my husband will ask me what I didn't do all day.

5 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Heloooo! It is I! I love your blog! I actually have one too! It's up and going, but is still under construction...:) For what it's worth,I often want my kids to just be quiet for a minute...they too are physically unable to do so...esp. during church...anywhooo...my blog is called "hacking it up" :) Check it out! Love ya!

andrea said...

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!! MY BFF has a BLOG!!!!

Hooray....Dying over the name...I almost choked I laughed so hard.

You are the bestest! This is just like high school....we can write each other notes every day now and see what's going on with life.

Now to convert Tami and Taina...

Nurse Heidi said...

I'll trade your hysterical kids for mine...

bradi said...

I love that your the freak show at Costco! That's great! I spend countless hours lamenting our decision to teach these little maniacs how to speak. When did that seem like a promising decision? Keep up the good work--if their writing on the floor hysterical, then you must be doing something right!

Crazymamaof6 said...

hahaha! love this post! sorry it wasn't a fun filled time at Costco for you! but way to follow through!

Related Posts with Thumbnails