Sunday, November 18, 2007

Motherhood Tag

Steph Thomas emailed me this, and tagged me to complete it, so here you go!

1. How long have you been a MOTHER?
As long as I've been married, 8 years, and almost 3 months. I have been a biological mother for 6+ years.

2. How many kids call you mommy?
Four. But if you want to get technical, Riley has always just called me "mom."

3. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having?
Yes. I didn't believe it with Nicole, so they had to prove it to me a couple more times. Jared made it obvious (!), and Ellie was a bit more shy. She liked those little ankles crossed right over her goods, but we did get a couple peeks, so we were pretty confident she was a she! (Even after she was born she liked her legs up and ankles crossed "just so!")

4. How old were you when you became a mom?
Married at 28.5, gave birth at 30(almost 31)

5. How long were you in labor?
Nicole: Induced @ 9 days overdue, 28 hour labor
Jared: Induced 1 week early, 5 hours
Ellie: Induced 1 week early, 5 hours, and the absolute best epidural ever!

6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom?
Naptime and bedtime! No, really, I LOVE watching them learn new things, I love it when they play with each other nicely, and adore the cuddles and loves.

7. What's your least favorite thing?
Fighting with sibs, lying, tattle-tale-ing, and whining

8. Do you want more kids?
Nope, the kids I have need me to maintain the little emotional stability I have left! I'm also counting down the days(okay, months) until I'm done with diapers!

9. Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?
Yes....umm...I prefer short road trips or flights for sure!

10. How many times have you been peed on?
Can't even count, by the girls too. Well, all of them except Riley! ;)

11. How many times have you been barfed on?
Other than baby spit-up, it's not to bad. They usually get themselves better! I am glad that I only have Ellie left to teach about the puke bucket. Knock on wood, she has yet to have a bad vomiting episode...although I may have just cursed myself!

12. Are your kids named after someone?
Riley Shane-she shares her maternal aunt's middle name. I like to give Ron grief about giving the poor girl 2 boy names.
Nicole Sara-1st name is a modification of my maiden name(Nicoll), and middle name is her gg-grandma's
Jared Scott-he and Ron share the same middle name
Elisabeth Noelle-My sister is an Elizabeth, and we have plenty of Elizabeth ancestors on both sides. For some reason I liked it with an "s" better though, so we modified the spelling.

13. When is the last time you had a sitter; What did you do?
My mom watched the youngest on Tuesday so I could go help in Nicole's class, before that, they stayed at grandmommy's last Friday for Ron's dad's bday dinner.

14. When your kids get in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Me, for sure. I'm the one they are around most. But Ron does his share too!

15. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)?Three-four days usually. Three maternity hospital stays, a few one-nighters away, a fun trip to San Francisco with Ron, a sad(funeral) trip to San Jose with Ron, and a trip to Texas for a wedding.

16. Are your toes painted?
Nope....they never are.

17. Last movie you saw in theater?
I think it was the last in the "Bourne" series....Ultimatum?

18. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom:
My candy.

19. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom:
Only ONE? Being able to eat any meal in peace.

20. Favorite Cartoon:
Old Disney. Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too.

21. Favorite Snack:
Dr. Pepper, Hot Tamales(cause my kids hate them so they don't ask!)

22. When the kid(s) are napping, you are:
Keeping track of the ones that aren't!

23. Where is/are your kid(s) now?
My favorite place...bed! (It is almost 10 pm!)

24. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes?
I've tried to block those memories! I liked Motherhood for dressier stuff, I got stuff at Target, Meier & Frank, and Old Navy finally got stuff in stores for Ellie.

25. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently:
Stop trying to do everything (because I just procrastinate and it doesn't get done, like scrapbooks), spend more one-on-one time with them, and I would've spaced Nicole and Jared out a bit more if I'd known what kind-of fights I'd be dealing with!

Now...who to tag...Heidi, Tami, Kellie, Steph, and whoever else thinks it looks fun!

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i am so doing this. good one! love learning more about ya!

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read, Andrea! You haven't changed an eyelash in all these years...I've missed you!

Kellie said...

Hey Andrea - I did it. I usually don't do these but I liked this one. Did you see the PW Calendars on her site today? I have to get one.

andrea said...

Tami----Umm....maybe not an eyelash, but if you saw the amount of gray I'm getting in my hair, you'd laugh about as hard as I cry!

Kellie---YES! I saw it! I'm getting my mom and aunt one for Christmas too, as they'd really appreciate it since they grew up on a ranch!

Hacking it up said...

OK, I will do this, but it might have to be after Thanksgiving, cuz I'm playing with my mom and dad and aunt and uncle who are here!

LOVED reading yours!!

Jamie said...

It is such a small world . I will ask Layne about the TP and the girls(JK) Loved learning about you and your family:) I love it when people get tagged.

Related Posts with Thumbnails