Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where HAVE I been?!?

Yes, I'm still alive....barely!

This last week I have been the poster child of what happens when you let procrastination rule your life....as I do. It is my absolute worst habit. Well, aside from swearing, but that mostly happens in my head so people don't know about it. (Until now! Thanks to my tattletale fingers!) But the putting things off....it is obvious to everyone!

#1 put off item: Nicole's costume. Poor kid wasn't able to be Dorothy at Saturday's party at her cousins. Good thing her witch costume from last year still fit. But as of this morning at 12:30AM, I snipped the last threads of her costume and ironed it so she is the best-pressed Dorothy around. She was very excited to put it on this morning. She is now at school having fun with her friends.

#2 put off item: Card group and all that goes with it. It was at my house this time, so I was triply stressed, as I not only had to get cards done, but my house decluttered and cleaned, and a dessert made. Amazingly, it happened, although I now have a box of papers and junk to go through, since the method I employed of decluttering my countertop "hot spot" involved my dumping it all into a box. I'm sure there are some important things in the pile somewhere, like bills, that need to be taken care of! I even finished my cards, although I am still one set behind...sigh!

My poor husband had to listen to my emotional breakdown Monday morning. Those are always nice! But I'm feeling a bit better now....that two things are off my list!

Time to get Jared in his costume and off to preschool, and then I guess I should help Ellie carve her pumpkin! Umm....yeah, we're still working on that too!

Pictures later....

Julie.....I'll get that 7 random things up later as well....maybe next month! (tomorrow;)!)

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

I'm totally impressed that you MADE a costume even after procrastinating : )! Ethan is a 10 dollar ninja and Rachel has yet to decide what her final costume will be. She's changed her mind 4 times since I bought her the Snow White outfit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails