Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today I'm thankful for....

Not that this sounds very nice, but I'm thankful that the Stake Nursery Leader had sick kids, so she couldn't come "observe" today during Ward Conference! We are still working the kinks out, so in a couple weeks, when she does come, things should be clockwork.

I'm also thankful we didn't lose any kids today again. Sheesh. Whenever I started thinking about it, I'd start feeling sick about last week's "incident". I just kept thinking that if that kid had gotten outside, and gone into the parking lot, and wandered behind any number of the large cars out there...ugh! So this week we put the gate up at the door, and the kids got "checked out" and lifted over the gate to waiting family. Much better.

I'm so thankful for my husband who comes home from being at church all day (seriously...he left at 6:30 AM and got home at 5 PM), is starving hungry, and the poor guy has to help me finish dinner. Which consisted today of highly gourmet sausage, egg, and cheese on English muffins. He didn't even complain about the "mock" Hollandaise sauce I attempted to help them along. It was not especially good. Next time I'll attempt the real stuff...and possibly have Canadian bacon on hand.

Lastly, I am so thankful that my HD PBS channel is showing "Persuasion" again at 10 tonight. The kids were not cooperative in letting mommy get her Austen fix tonight, and daddy was completing more church stuff. So I missed most of it. From what I did see, I think I'll enjoy it, although Capt. Wentworth just isn't the same without Ciaran Hinds! What do you think?!




**Updated! It is now 11:38, and I just finished watching "Persuasion"....hmmmm. I am sort-of torn. I really did like Sally Hawkin's as Anne Elliot...a bit more than Amanda Root's portrayal...I guess she's nicer to watch. I thought the whole gist of the story was told better in this version. It is clear from the beginning what Anne's history is with Frederick. As for Rupert Penry-Jones instead of Ciaran Hinds...yep, I got used to that too! Ooh, Anne's family in this version bugged the heck out of me though! So full of themselves when really they need to get a grip, and sister Mary needs a lobotomy. I really didn't like Lady Russell this time, whereas in the previous version, she did feel bad for persuading Anne to not marry Frederick, but in this one, she still had it out for him. Oh well....even though I own the 1st version, I'm pretty sure I'll need to get this one! I am such an Austen-phile!

3 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Sigh! I agree with everything you said about the two "Persuasion"...I like the new Anne better, the old Lady Russel, it's a toss up between the Capt, Wentworths though...They're both nice to look at! :)

By the way, I really didn't fall off the earth...My brother Cody and his fam came to visit for a week! We had a great time...now I've got to catch up on my blogging! :)

Hacking it up said...

Me again! I noticed you didn't mention your Birthday!!! Hope you had a good one! I can't believe you're 29!...again.... ;)

Beth said...

Loved this version better than the first, but wish it was longer. Shouldn't all Jane Austen screenplays be a miniseries? I can't get enough either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails