
My baby turned 2 on the 29th. I can't believe it. She has grown up so fast. In some ways it's nice to say goodbye to some of the "infant" things in life, but on the other hand, I also miss it. She is becoming more independent every day, and her language is improving exponentially. There are days I think she adds 2-3 words, and completes more sentences by the minute. Very odd, since the other two littles didn't really speak English until 3 years of age....we were certain Nicole was speaking Navajo, and Jared was some sort of reformed Adamic. But Ellie, whew! It's so great and less frustrating having a kid that can communicate her wants.
She's been a different and easier kid from the beginning. Thank goodness! I think Heavenly Father knew I needed a break with her since I was dealing with two older "high-spirited" children, not to mention still mourning the loss of my dad when she was born.
She was the most beautiful baby when she was born, and has only gotten cuter.
We had a fun birthday. We were able to celebrate with a lot of family, as two of my siblings and their families arrived that day for a visit, as well as my niece and her hubby here. She got a BIG Costco princess cake, and made it very clear she wanted some of the frog when Ron cut that piece out! Although she really didn't need any more toys 4 days after Christmas, she got them anyway! A Dora bike, that she rode once and now won't get on...perfect...as well as a singing Mickey Mouse, a Little People store, and some Littlest Pet Shop playground thing...Nicole likes that. Spoiled I tell ya! Oh well...she's the baby!
Happy (belated) Birthday Ellie! We adore you, and are so excited to see you grow up!
Friday, January 04, 2008
Happy Birthday Ellie-Belle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow, she looks like she's having a GREAT time in those pictures! Birthdays are so much fun for little kids.
happy birthday to Ellie!!! What a cutie pie! Hope she had a great day! She looks so much like her mama...without braces :)
Happy birthday Ellie! You are so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment