Sunday, January 27, 2008

The end of an Era...

For any of you not in Utah, I thought I'd share the news that the beloved President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away tonight. What a fantastic man of God that taught us much and set a fantastic example. He will be greatly missed.

We will mourn his passing, but are confident that he has returned to our Heavenly Father, with a big pat on the back for a job "well done!" He spent most of his life serving the Church, and is loved by all. I'm just so happy he's back with his sweet wife!

HERE is the official announcement of the Church. Also interesting is the article about the succession of the next president HERE.


It will be interesting to hear how Ron's day is tomorrow at work.

2 comments:

Hacking it up said...

I love him! I am sad for us, but so excited for him to be with his sweetie again!

raising4boys said...

That was an interesting article on the succession of the next president. Thanks for the link. It will be interesting to see who will be serving next.

Related Posts with Thumbnails