I got an early dose of Mother's Day today. It started this morning as I attended "Moms & Muffins" this morning with Nicole's Kindergarten class. We began with a little treat of muffins and milk, then we rotated between a game, a coloring page, and making a little book together. It was fun! I felt bad as it went late so I had to leave during the last part when Nicole was coloring, but Ron had to get to a meeting. While there, the kids also presented their Mother's Day gift to us. A plate that they each colored themselves! So cute! It's even plastic, so it won't get broken when she has me use it.
There was also a paper that went with it, titled "My Mom Is Special" and the kids filled in the blanks about their moms. Here are Nicole's answers:
My Mom's name is Andrea.
My Mom is 29 years old. **GOOD GIRL!**
My Mom's favorite thing to do is shop.
When I'm at school, my mom does activities.
My Mom is good at a lot of things but she is best at hugs.
My Mom is really smart! She even knows pioneers.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by hugs.
My Mom is special because she buys movies gives candy when I'n good. **We instituted the "I'd love to" jar at our house this past week...**
The fun of the morning continued when Jared got home from preschool bringing me this:
I LOVE it!!! I've seen those kits in the store to make these cute garden stepping stones and have almost gotten them a few times, but now I have one! He also brought home a little information sheet that he got to fill out about me. Here are his views of mom:
My mom's name is Andrea.
My mom is ___ years old. She never tells
My mom likes to read a book about people.
The prettiest thing about my mom is her shoes. **what?**
If my mom had a whole day to do whatever she wanted to do, I bet she would just sit down.
My mom's favorite food is every food in the whole wide world (not candy). **does this kid live with me?**
At bedtime, I like it when my mom says prayers with me.
My favorite thing that my mom feeds me is waffles, "love to" jar.
My mom's favorite store is Costco.
My mom has blue eyes and brown and black hair.
My mom's favorite thing to say is I love you.
I love my mom because I love her.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Mother's Day Love
at
9:17 PM
Labels: Jared, mommy adventures, Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
AWWWWWWW! That is so so sweet.
You deserve all those nice gifts. You are an awesome mom!
ROFL!! Those are hilarious! And so sweet : ). Ethan's little thing said "My mom makes me laugh when she's tikilling me." Got a kick out of that one.
how adorable are they!! :)
how adorable are they!! :)
It's so fun to read the answers from them. My son did something similar last year and I treasured it.
Post a Comment