Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Isn't it June YET?!

No? Great. I think we are already bored! Part of that reason is that the other kids and friends in the neighborhood are in school until Friday. Our charter school got out early due to starting earlier and taking fewer days off during the year. I do like to be out by Memorial Day though.

This past weekend was...in a word...cold. So the nice plans Daddy had to take the kids up the canyon to play got post-poned. We did BBQ, but only because our grill is right outside the back door, and it stopped raining long enough to fire it up! :)

Nicole gave us a little scare on Sunday. We were in the hall, gathering the chicks, err, children, and she starting hysterically crying. I look at her, and her hand and mouth are covered in blood....great...ten days out from tonsil surgery, and there's a bunch of blood. So I cleaned her up, scooted her home, and got a look at her throat. It appeared that the "scab" (ewww!) on her left tonsil had come off, and perhaps a bit early. But the bleeding had slowed, so I decided since we were 10 days out, I'd see if her body could fix itself. Within an hour, bleeding had stopped, so we just gave her soft food the rest of the day and she was good to go. I did call my brother the Emergency Room PA, and got his opinion...so I felt good about it. It sure is nice to have ER personnel to solicit help from! Thanks bro!

Tuesday was Jared's "last preschool hurrah", a trip to Thanksgiving Point children's garden. The kids had fun running amuck, and since the sun was out and warming up, they all had fun in the Noah's Ark fountain, even Ellie got in, which surprised me. I did take pictures, and I'll try to add them later. :)

Today was lots of fun at home. It's nice when the kids play separately with friends, because when they do get back together at home, they are typically nicer to each other...for a while...

Lots of birthday party fun. Jared's two friends(twins) today, and Nicole's school friend tomorrow. Then Jared and Daddy have the Father-Son campout Friday. We'll see if they stay this year. They haven't yet, in the last 3 years they've gone! (Well, to be fair, they never planned on staying the 1st year, when Jared was one!) When it gets close to bedtime, Jared always decides he "misses mom" and needs to come home. I have to admit, I think it's cute, and I think Daddy appreciates being able to come home to a comfy bed as well! :)

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is kind of scary! glad it was just the scab. i should have warned you about that too. wow lots of parties to go to! and bummer about the chilly weather. ours is back to steamy again. which i like in moderation.

onehm said...

SO scary!
Glad that she is ok!!
I LOVE that your little guy misses his mom. I hope that Gigantor will miss me...Mr. T couldn't care less, really!!
:)

Shanan and Danica said...

hehe...I agree it is helpful to have a medical professional in the family...but for my family its a vet...something tells me that is weird for other families :)

andrea said...

Shanan---but look, you have survived so far! Just one thing though...don't let the vet deliver your baby, and go to the pediatrician for well-checks, sicknesses and immunizations. I've seen the needle the vet uses for immunizations....it's big, and it gets used over, and over, and over.... :)

Jamie said...

WOW That is scary! I am glad you Russ to call. I am having a hard time with the summer schedule around here and wish we had Thanksgiving point nearby. I love that place!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails