Various things going on....so here you go!
Nicole- Back to school! The kid has definitely been catching up on sleep.....Monday, she slept in until 10! Tuesday, til 9, and I had to drag her out of bed this morning at 7:20. She really wanted to go back yesterday because her teacher, who has been gone since having a baby a month ago, was coming in for the day and bringing her new baby. So I took Nicole for the last 45 minutes. When we got there though, her teacher wasn't there because she couldn't find a sitter for her older child. But Nicole wanted to stay and her teacher is coming on Thursday, which is also her last day! Holy cow...I cannot believe she is almost done with Kindergarten. That FLEW!
Nicole is now to the "stinketh" phase of her recovery....uck! I brush her teeth well, and her tongue, and have her gently gargle to help the tonsil part, but I can't do anything about the adenoid part....so I remind her not to breathe too close to anyone's face for a few more days. :) Yesterday in the mail she got a cute "get well card" signed by the nurses that took care of her and some stickers. I am SO beyond impressed with the same-day surgery department of this hospital. Awesome care, and great follow-up.
Riley- There was an awards assembly at school yesterday and Riley got 4 outstanding student awards from her English, History, Graphic Arts, and some other teacher that she couldn't remember. They hadn't told parents about the assembly, so we weren't there. She'll get her certificates today so we'll see what the mysterious 4th was! Her Science teacher told her she was on his list as well, but they made him shorten his, so she was taken off since she was getting the others.
The really weird part about this kid is that this last term she's been checking her grades, on her own, and is bugged that she doesn't have all A's....huh?! Seriously, talk about a FANTASTIC change! At the beginning of this year, she could care less what her grades were, and if you told her that she was missing assignments and her grade was down to a D, she'd ask "what's so wrong with that"? So this change in attitude is so welcome! It's great as a parent to watch a child start taking responsibility for themselves and meeting their incredible potential! YAY for Riley!
Here's the kicker....guess where I took her yesterday....???? A JOB interview! Yep, if she gets it, she'll be working in the snack shack at one of the local pools this summer. Such different plans for her this summer. Last summer, I thought her butt was going to grow into the couch. This summer....Youth Conference, EFY, Girls Camp, Tennis Lessons, Voice Lessons, and a part-time job. Crap. If this keeps up, we will be getting her a car in a couple years so I don't have to schlep her around! :)
Jared- Has preschool graduation Friday, and his end of year Water Party on Tuesday. Starts T-Ball in June.
Me....I should be doing a lot of other things, but I'm escaping it by blogging....hehehe...well, until now. I have no more to tell. Dang. Non-interesting but highly irritating tidbit....it was in the 90's yesterday. I had to turn on the A/C last night for a while to get it to a comfortable sleeping temp....Now that the storm has arrived, it's 40 degrees right now. With wind chill, lower than that!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Little bits of life.
at
10:11 AM
Labels: Jared, mommy adventures, Nicole, Riley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm so happy to hear about Riley looking up her grades! I really enjoy her. I have tons to blog about but no time to do it. I haven't even been able to keep up but I love being busy this time of year. Every chance I get I'm trying to learn this photoshop stuff. Glad Nicole is getting better!
Congrats to Riley!! That is awesome.
Well it sounds like everything is on the up and up. I'm glad to hear that everything is going to well! I'm super excited that the lack of tonsils!
Yeah for Riley. I need a little of her motivation!! Wish we had the weather for some summer sports but I am afraid this awesome cool weather is a fluke and the heat will return soon! Gotta love Az
Post a Comment