Saturday, November 01, 2008

The rest of Halloween...


Pumpkins all lit and kids ready to go. (Off-topic, what is with the 5 year old and his forced smiles?! Ugh!) Riley and some friends stayed home and handed out candy while Ron and I took the kids around. They were die-hards and went farther than ever! Therefore, they now have so much candy it is sickening. Add into that all our leftovers, and I think we're set for a few months of treats....not kidding...we have a 5 lb. bag we never even opened! We thought we'd have more kids due to the good weather and it being Friday night, but we over calculated...oops! We did have a little bit of rain, as the sunrise predicted, but it was just on and off sprinkles, not enough to stop our little goblins.

Nicole kept trying to take off and leave us behind....she had candy to collect! But Jared was pretty good about being the "helper" big brother that I'd asked him to be and stuck with Ellie. Here he's making sure she doesn't walk in front of the car pulling into the driveway. Ahhhh, sweet!

Here's the "trick" Jared received. One of the homes was giving the kids potatoes as their treat, but then telling them they could trade it for a real treat. Most of the kids traded their spud back in. Not Jared! He thought it was very cool to have a potato. Of course two houses later he decided it was too heavy to haul around in his bag, so I got to carry it the rest of the night. ( I kept trying to let him carry some of his candy but he didn't fall for that!) I asked him what he wants to do with his tater, and he told me he wants to make soup.

6 comments:

Jen said...

The potato treat is hilarious!

Brig "Bob" totally talked in the quite voice & if you look closely he is wearing a happy trees shirt.
I couldn't stop laughing.

raising4boys said...

Awesome pumpkins! Cute kids!! and my Porter would have picked the potato too. His favorite. Glad they had a fun Halloween and good luck making the candy disappear as quickly as possible.

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome pumpkins! love the shot of his arm around her. and what a fun trick!

Hacking it up said...

A potato?....that's like giving out toothbrushes...or rocks...

The kids look darling!!! Glad you weren't up all night sewing costumes!! :)

Looks like everyone had fun!!

Jason and Abby said...

Looks like you had a blast! That's super cute that Jared protected Ellie from the car, in truth I'm totally sensitive and seeing the picture made me cry (hormones?) I'm also glad that he loved his potato, that's by far the best Halloween story I've heard!

Nurse Heidi said...

One of my neighbors pulled out a bowl of potatoes and carrots first. Rachel turned around in disgust and could hardly be persuaded to go back and get some candy. I thought it was hilarious myself. The guy said that earlier in the evening he had tomatoes, peppers and an avocado in there, but all of those had already been taken.

Related Posts with Thumbnails