Guy Alma NicollOne mother's sacrifice: three sons sent to serve in WWII.
One army, two navy, later one served with the marines as a medical corpsman.
(And although not pictured, one son-in-law as well: J.T. Hunter)
Kenneth Naegle NicollLater, after his mother's death, another son (my handsome father) served in the Air Force during the Korean War.







13 comments:
Great blog! Thanks for reminding me/us what today is about. I am so grateful for the sacrifice (both big and small) our fathers and uncles made for our freedoms.
You are welcome Jan. I still get all teary when I think about how horrible it must have been for our grandmother to lose her son to war.
I remember my Dad telling me that he remembered when the telegram came, and his mother saying, "It's Don."
That was very nice, sis!
Oh Andrea, what a good reminder. And you are right, very HANDSOME men! ;-)
Than you! What a fitting tribute and reminder of the sacrifices made to live in this great land!! What an amazing heritage you have.
I love this post!!!
I "borrowed" most of it for my own post.
Thank You!
Poignant. Thanks.
Andrea! Thank you so much for this post. What a wonderful reminder. I am so proud of my grandpa and great uncles!
What a great tribute! That is so great that you have all those pictures.
I feel for that mother sending three sons to WWII.
Beautiful tribute. Sounds like your family has a great tradition of serving our country.
That was a wonderful tribute.
Very elegantly put, Andrea. Those pictures are so wonderful. I've always loved that one of Casper because he wrote Love, Timber across the bottom. Thanks for reminding us all about their sacrifice.
Andrea that was awesome!! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment