Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Let's revisit July....

I was looking through my pictures today, and saw these nice toasty visions of some July activities....even the monsoon rainstorm the kids were playing in was pretty warm! These were all taken on the same day.

It was our little city's "Family Festival", so we were awakened early by a hot air balloon hovering just above our house. Close enough we could yell "Hello" to the balloon guys!

Then it was off to the parade. We like to set up camp in the round-about. You get closer to the action that way, meaning the kids get more candy and otter pops thrown at them--it's Halloween in July! See the construction going on behind Ron? I bet you can't guess what big-box retailer is coming in......oh....you did guess. Yep, it's another WalMart taking over the world. Close enough we can walk to it. Sigh. I plan on bringing a cart home with me when I visit the first time, and then I never have to share with anyone else and wonder what kind of germs are on the handle. ;)

The rest of the afternoon was spent at the park, enjoying the blow-up slides, entertainment, and the firetruck's "water cannon".



We then got hit with a very wet and strong monsoon! The kids had a blast running through it! Unfortunately, even though the rain stopped, the wind didn't and our big fireworks show was cancelled! Oh no! It's okay though. The fireworks guys camped out in the field that night and all through Sunday and Monday, so we got a fireworks show that night for Family Home Evening instead. With Walmart being open next summer, no one knows what is to become of the fireworks for our annual Family Festival, so it may have been our last year. So sad if it was....

4 comments:

Jason and Abby said...

oooooh to be July again. Those visions of July look delightful! Don't fret, it will come again soon! (Hopefully sooner rather than later) Oddly enough, I'm looking forward to a little snow...however I live in the middle of no where town North Ogden, where we get like 3X the amount SLC gets...so there will be no "little" snow

Russ said...

Me and Scott were just saying that if it wasn't for the fireworks we'd never see you...this could be trouble

Jamie said...

July just ended to day here in hot vill. Look like such a great time!!!!

andrea said...

Russ- What are you talking about? I'm gonna see Scott next week. And you were here last December.....we had no fireworks then!

Ow well....if that's all I'm good for.....sob!

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails