Anyone remember that song......but I can't spell hippopotamus!
This post is to celebrate the fact that as of tomorrow afternoon, I will be officially done with my duties as Academic Committee Chair, because the spelling bee is tomorrow! Hooray!
I'm ready to be done. I have more than my required hours, and I'm ready to not have something else to worry about completing.
What is unbelievable is that as I was back and forth into the resource room at school this morning, the parent council president asked me if I was going to be back as the chair next year...and I said "YES"?! Oh well. At least I have all the events under my belt now, and as an added benefit, I have all the paperwork, flyers, charts, etc. saved on my computer, so all I have to do next year is change dates, a few names, and hit print. I figure this is the easiest and guaranteed way to get my hours in.
Just wish me luck that the bee goes well....I hate the actual events and having to be in charge....will it go well, will my helpers show up, will it run too short...or worse, too long? ugh.
I just hope Jared has a better day. He pulled the "I don't feel good" card again when I dropped him off for preschool...but something about the look in his eye, and the fact that we could get him interested in something for a minute, but then the whining would start again made me take him home with me instead of making him stay...of course, since I was out of milk and bananas, I went to Costco before actually going home. Poor kid made it until the drive home before he lost his breakfast. I'm glad I paid attention to "that feeling" and didn't make him stay at school. But even more I hope it ends quickly...it isn't over yet though. I'm just so thankful for Noggin, PBS Sprout, Boomerang, and a little Cartoon Network...it is so great to have kid shows available 24 hours a day to help the sickie hours pass a little quicker for him.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I can spell cat, C-A-T.....
at
9:09 PM
Labels: Jared, mommy adventures, school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh yuck. What a bummer that he's sick.
Hope that the bee (and the boy) are well tomorrow!
OH! I am so excited for you to be done with that!!
I HATE those things! In Oregon, I was the Auction committee chair for two years and then I had to chair the 50 yr reunion for the school for just a mere 450 people...All those worries about things going as planned is way too stressful!!!
You better celebrate this weekend! Ron needs to take you to dinner and a movie!!
Good Luck!!
wow good for you listening to your gut. that is always a hard call and as unpleasant as it is to find out that feeling was correct, it's better than a faker.
hope the BEE was fabulous!
Post a Comment