Sunday, January 17, 2010

Then She was Four....



Right after Christmas, Ellie had a birthday. Four... Years! I can no longer even pretend she's a baby. She's a kid. Now don't get me wrong, entering this next phase in parenting life is great. We can go places and don't have to worry about hauling diaper bags or toddler supplies anywhere, we don't have to worry about missing a nap resulting in a meltdown, etc. (Although it would be nice to get past the meltdown stage for all of them, but that's another post!) But no more babies?! Everyone said it would go fast, and I had no idea how fast until now. I guess I could be like that Duggar lady and just have perma-babies going on in the house, but I don't think my sanity would cooperate....nor would my husband!


We spent the 28th taking down Christmas, then heading out to get BDay gifts. Usually, we've found some good things for her on clearance, so that's always a plus, but the pickin's seemed to be slim this year for that....not sure why. Some stores were still seriously lacking on a good selection of toys even...ToysRUs was a bunch of empty shelves! But we had left a couple things out from Christmas loot, and found some other fun things, so presents were loved. My advice to anyone though, if it is your control at all, is to NOT have a baby that close to Christmas! Her Christmas toys are hardly played with and she gets a pile more....it is sort-of ridiculous! Then the poor kid doesn't get another present extravaganza for another 361 days. We may ask her when she's older if she wants to start doing a 1/2 birthday instead, just to spread the joy out a bit! :)

Anyhoo.....on to the bday pics.



Ellie's favorite book recently are the Laura Numeroff/Felicia Bond "If You Give a ----- a ------" books....Mouse a Cookie, Pig a Pancake, etc. and so forth. Which is good because I LOVE them too! For her BDay we added Cat a Cupcake, and Pig a Party.



Ellie had been practicing mightily on her older brother and sister's scooters this Fall. So for her BDay she got one of her own.....hopefully we can take it outside in March or so, but until then, she cruises around the kitchen and dining area.



Favorites for a four year old....dress-up and Disney princess loot. Perfect Cinderella playset to go with the castle she got for Christmas:)




The kids at our house get the choice of picking their own cakes....obviously, as only a four year old would choose the garish pink and purple cake with dress-up crown and scepter jammed into the buttercream!

All in all, a very good day. Happy birthday Ellie!!! You are a joy to our family.

7 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I know what you mean about no more babies, the time really did fly by. She's so cute and looking older all the time.

Jamie said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet girl! I forgot she shared with Miss M.

Anonymous said...

Four...really? I don't believe you!

onehm said...

She couldn't be cuter!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!

Chrissy, said...

Time goes by so fast!

Happy Birthday!! Ellie

RAQ said...

what a doll!

raising4boys said...

Cutest princess cake. I know what you mean about the December birthday. We have one on the 21st. I AM going to do a 1/2 birthday water party this year for him combined with his brothers birthday in June. It gets too crazy to have parties right before Christmas. Poor kiddos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails