Well, just like at everyone's house, Christmas came! Whether we were ready for it or not. I never did finish decorating the house this year, but I'm not complaining about that...made it VERY easy to take down and put away. As in years past, not many pictures happened on Christmas. As soon as the kids get out to the family room and start ripping into things, mom and dad's hands are too busy opening boxes, assembling toys, showing them the general workings, picking up trash, straightening up the boxes, bows, ribbons and toys, and trying to keep the dog from stealing the Hershey's kisses that are strewn around that the camera just sits idle. :)
We did finally visit Santa a few days before Christmas...good thing the kids didn't change their wish list, and for the record, Riley would have nothing to do with the man in red.
Here's a couple shots from Christmas morning:
Presenting Ellie on "Beatles RockBand" drums. You haven't fully lived until you've heard your almost 4 year old sing "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". That's Riley in the back. This is the best photographic documentation she'd let me get.
My only picture of Nicole was of her in a trancelike state playing her new Wii game "Super Mario Galaxy". Not worth posting! Nicole spent ALL day playing Wii, RockBand, or her Nintendo DS (Imagine Teacher game). It was sort-of sick. Thankfully, she backed way off on her own in terms of screen time for the rest of Christmas break.
All Jared's dreams came true with the punching bag he got. We rearranged his room and hung it from the ceiling. He's a happy boy, and we enjoy telling him in his moments of general or specific (usually involving a certain sister) frustration to go take it out on his punching bag!
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Catch-up 1: Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I think we could use a couple of those punching bags around here.
Sounds Happy Happy!! :)
We're all Wii-tastic here too but Flannie is dying for a drum set. Think I'll send her your way!
What a fun Christmas. I am not good at getting the camera going among the mess either.
I can relate to the gaming. I feel like that's all that happened around here during Christmas break. I LOVE the punching bag. Glad you had a fun (busy) Christmas and enjoyed it with your family.
What the hell kind of shirt is THAT? I can't believe Mrs. Clause let santa out of the house wearing that!!! Your kids are sure cute though!!!!
How have we never thought of a punching bag? oh, ya they just use each other! Great idea--Zane loved it the other day when he played over there! And BTW I DO yell at my kids all too often. Looks like a great holiday at the Wilsons!
Post a Comment