Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Riley hits the big 16 today.  It's big.  It's amazing.  I've known this girl since just after she turned 5.  I'm about to enter my 11th year with her.  I'd probably be doing a much better job with her if she were only that old.  No lies, we've had some rough patches.  We're in the midst of more.  I fully admit that I was not prepared to be her mother when I took on the job and I should have done just about everything differently.  But I do know that Riley has some amazing potential.  She was given a test and trial in her life that many of us couldn't handle.  She's still finding her way through it.  I pray that as the next few years progress, we can find our way through the rocky stretches, and get through okay.


Riley and her cousins,  Haley and Jenessa

Happy 16th Birthday Riley!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW. HOLY COW. HOLY COW!!!! 16. Happy Birthday to Riley. I can't believe that, I'm sure you feel the same way. WOW!!! You will both be blessed for years to come for things you've both gone through. You amaze me. Should we go to lunch for your birthday and for Rileys' too? ;)

RAQ said...

yes, wow! I remember when you moved in...Andrea what an experience for both of you and I agree with Steph, you will both be blessed for it! Have a great day!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness. Dating & Driving! Are you ready for this? :)

Chrissy, said...

Somehow Heavenly Father works things work out to be what's best for us. It make us become who he wants us to be. I think you are a wonderful Mom and I truly love Riley she is awesome!

Happy Birhday Riley!

onehm said...

I know that you are a loving mother, who wants her to be happy and would do anything that was best for her. She couldn't ask for more than that...none of us could!
Happy Birthday Riley!
And good luck with the dating/driving ahead, Mama!

Hacking it up said...

I am so not ready for Lauren to turn 16...at least i have a few more months...Happy Birthday to Riley!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails