Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday Happy Thoughts....

  • Fun day today: We got the 4wheelers out and went up the canyon to make sure everything is in working order before we haul them out to Colorado. (in 2 weeks!)
  • We found a great parking place up the canyon, which is sometimes a near impossibility on a Saturday.
  • The trail we ride wasn't too crowded, and was in better shape than last Fall....that or I'm getting more skilled and less nervous about all the rocks and bumps.
  • No mishaps or injuries had by anyone, and Ellie fell asleep on the way down....her specialty is being able to nap on a bumpy 4wheeler ride!
  • The dirty dusty kids came home and went straight into the blow-up pool in the backyard to cool off and clean up a bit before Saturday evening showers.
  • It's 7 pm, two kids are showered and clean, and I am in a quiet house as they all just had to go with dad for the dinner run to Taco Bell....oh, the joy of silence and being able to blog!
  • The best...although my mom didn't think so...was that the counter offer on her house was turned down, so she won't have to move by Aug 15th.....yay! I won't have to go to Colorado and worry about my mom packing up her house by herself! :)

8 comments:

Jamie said...

What a fun Saturday. I can not believe she can sleep on a 4 wheeler!!

andrea said...

I can't believe she can sleep either! But she's been doing it since she was 8 months old. She was quite a bit easier to balance then though.....almost 30 lbs. of dead weight makes for a load now! I'm getting really good at driving with one hand. Good thing moms are good at multi-tasking!

Shanan and Danica said...

That is crazy--but my dad says I used to be able to fall asleep almost anywhere but I don't think that included 4wheelers. But it sounds like you all had a lot of fun.

Kellie said...

Sounds like a great day - especially the "quiet house" part :) I full agree with you there. Have a great day!

raising4boys said...

Great happy thoughts!! My favorite is that the kids got 'partially' cleaned off in the pool so they didn't get as much dirt in the house.

And yay for blogging time :)

Jason and Abby said...

Sounds like a great day to me! Also, I love the look of the new site! VERY Adorable! I'm excited to see you in a couple weeks (23 days...but who's counting)! Yay wedding!

Wendi said...

Fun. fun. FUN!

We love four-wheeling.

Oh, and a quiet house! (Although as you can guess, with a dance studio in my house it's rarely quiet.) =)

Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog today. I liked your analogy.

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo great saturday. and a little peace of mind! WHOOHOO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails