Thursday, April 24, 2008

So sick of....

strep.....

Nicole.

Has strep again.

It has been SIX DAYS since her last dose of antibiotics from her last case.

This is her 5th case in a year, and her THIRD case in 7 weeks.

I should've had her cesspool tonsils yanked on Tuesday instead of canceling and having to wait for an appointment with the new ENT.

And once again....she isn't even sick. Just complains of a sore throat and her voice changed.

So, we switched to a cephalosporin instead of amoxicillin this time. A little better since it's only a 5 day course instead of 10.

I can't wait for May 7th....that's when we see the new ENT and we'll get the FOR SURE, NO TURNING BACK tonsillectomy scheduled!

I'm now off to throw away all the toothbrushes and disinfect the bathroom.

6 comments:

Shanan and Danica said...

I have to admit I was hoping for a happier end to the Spring Break fun. Hope Nicole gets better soon.

Chrissy, said...

I have so been there. C.C. had strep 9 times in 6 months. Good luck with the tonsils.

Jason and Abby said...

She is sick again?! Are you kidding me? I'm so sorry! I had strep last month for about 3 weeks because Jason (fiance) kept reinfecting me, but wow, I'm sure sorry that she has had it so many times. That's insane! Please let me know if you need anything!

Abby

(PS-It looks like you had a great time on your vacation! I'm jealous of the zoo and Sting Ray Bay)

http://jasonandabbycampbell.blogspot.com

Nurse Heidi said...

You have GOT to be kidding me. She's seriously a strep cesspool. Tell the doc he'd better really ream things out in there! Good GRIEF!

raising4boys said...

No fun at all!! I hate it when the kids get strep...always paranoid it will get passed around. Hope you get the problem solved with the new ENT Dr. soon. Very frustrating!!

Hacking it up said...

It'll be so nice to get those tonsils out!! Dang strep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails