General Conference weekend....lots of running between sessions, and then shushing of children during sessions so we can hear anything. My kids are not well behaved at church...general conference at home....sort of a joke! I even printed out the handy-dandy kids conference packets that were emailed to me....they entertained for about 2 milliseconds. The leftover boxes from an IKEA purchase were somewhat entertaining. Until the shrieking started when one or the other of them started offending the other. For those that caught Elder Nelson's talk, I'm pretty sure I was doing the opposite of his counsel in how to correct our children at about the exact time that he was giving that counsel....sigh.
Soccer games today. Jared's was at 8 AM...ugh! :) The early hour and the typical Utah spring-like conference weekend weather made for fun times....I'm sure it was below freezing with the wind chill! Nicole's at 1 PM wasn't much warmer. I have to give it to the kids though, they get right out there and play! Jared had two or three goals...he is still the aggressive boy he was last Fall, and if he gets the ball he'll take it all the way down the field to the goal. He's not shy about jumping right into the middle of the group of kids to get that ball either...we need to work on him not stealing the ball away from his own teammates though! We're deciding that Nicole might be more musically inclined rather than athletic though! She pretty much stays away from the ball, and if it does make it's way to her, she looks at it, wondering what she should do next! At least they keep it entertaining for us!
More of conference tomorrow....the best part is that I get my husband home on a Sunday, and I don't have to fight with the kids at church! Happy Day!
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Saturday doings....
at
6:45 PM
Labels: Jared, mommy adventures, Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
NO fighting kids at church is sadly one of my most favorite things about genral coference weekend. We also skip stake conference these days ony because, seriously there really is no point in dragging three kids under the age of two to a two hour meeting!
Hooray! i love conference weekend! Although, I agree, it's hard to keep the little ones interested...and QUIET!!! I just LOVED Elder Ballard's talk! He is so great! It was a neat thing to sustain a new prophet as well! Pres. Monson is awesome! I loved hearing him talk about his wife! :)
...boy, I've sure got a lot to work on still....oh, well! Onward and upward!...hopefully! :)
Lucky you!---soccer games!
Sounds like your conference experience was very similar to ours...my kids prayed that they were thankful that we got to stay home from church. Ugh. Guess we didn't quite drive the point home. Oh, and we were right there with you freezing our tookas off at 8:30 in the morning at soccer. Where in the heck is spring??
Post a Comment