What a great weekend! I love General Conference, even if my kids don't! Jared would cry every time a new session would come on. I still can't figure out why, since it wasn't like we made him sit there and watch it. I'm not doing that to my four year old! We had activities for all of them, options to go play in their rooms or playroom, but he'd still cry, and say, "Not again!" Maybe it was because he knew our attention would be on the speakers, and not on him? But he survived, and now it's over for six months!
I loved many of the talks, but my absolute favorite was Elder Ballard. I came away from that talk feeling like I'm doing okay as a mother, and with a new resolve to continue to do better. Thank you Elder Ballard! He really has become one of my favorites and this last talk really solidified that!
A better feeling than I had last October after another certain (un-named) talk was given and I came away feeling like a failure as a mother, and with a "why even try" attitude. Wrong, I know, but that is what happened. But after yesterday, I feel better about life!
To another subject....it's beginning to look less like Spring today..that tends to happen when two inches of snow falls and covers everything...grrr....good thing it's Spring Break next week and we are heading SOUTH! First to Moab, then further south down to ARIZONA!!!! Hooray! I'm gonna be WARM...HOT even!
Monday, April 07, 2008
Happy Monday.
at
10:08 AM
Labels: Arizona, Church, snowsnowsnow, vacation fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
If you are coming down to Arizona then yes you will be hot...at least I know that I think its hot. hehe
That was a great conference! Funny that your 4 year old was crying LOL! We are thinking about going South next week for Spring break also...I'm ready for Spring too :)
whoohoo for being hot in AZ. yeah it's supposed to be 90 this weekend. HOLY COW!
i need to watch that talk still. everyone is raving about it. and no i didn't watch the afternoon session yesterday. apparently i missed out. DANG!
Hooray for Conference! I loved it!
Hooray for spring break and warmness!!!!
What a fun trip that will be!--You know how I feel about Moab!! :)
Funny...I felt the same way about both the talks you mentioned. I kind of wondered if Elder Ballard's talk was purposeful to negate some of the ill effects of that particular talk in October.
Yep, if you are headed this way hot will definately be what you are feeling. Sometimes I wish we would just get a little bit more of the cooler weather! We always seem to want what we can not have, don't we?!!
I love to hear my only little sister is coming out to visit via her blog...Your Bro, Russ
Hey Russ.
We're coming to visit.
We'll be there Monday night through Saturday morning.
My kids are staying at your house.
Sorry....I barely told Beth tonight when exactly we'd be there. Don't you ever talk to your only older sister and next door neighbor?!
Really, I promise I was planning on calling you today...Wednesday...to see what days you had off. I hope you aren't working the whole time!
I am so excited that you are coming down!!! Are you available for "lunch" or something like that? We'd love to have you over for a bbq with the fam, if that's better?! Let me know!!
I loved Elder Ballard's talk too. It was perfect.
Post a Comment