Oh, how I try to love these days leading up to Christmas, but it is so hard to love something that causes so much stress. And it shouldn't, but I have that syndrome where I want to have these fun activities with the kids so they have these fun memories of Christmastime, but then time runs out, or multiple people get sick, or Santa leaves right as we get there to take a 90 minute lunch...so it doesn't work out and I start feeling this underlying stress...
Here's how things are playing out:
Presents: Just about done. I still need to get Ron some things. He isn't being very helpful in giving me ideas. I guess he figures since he got the TV...but he still needs some fun gifts under the tree!
Daily December: I have one in production, I just need to add another picture, more pics on the camera waiting for download, and some ideas bopping around my brain for some others. I hope I get 25 out!
Health: Ron and I are fighting some stupid cold that just won't go away...tired, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes...now that I type those symptoms, they sound like mono, but we aren't that sick! Nicole had strep, but is 1/2 way through antibiotics for that. Hopefully the rest will stay healthy and we'll get some fun stuff done.
Still to do: We have to get back to Santa during a non-break time, I REALLY want to go see the lights at Temple Square, and then there are the cookies to bake.
I'm off now to get the cards done. Wish me luck that the copy center still has red paper and a copier that works!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Stressful busy days....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Yay for Christmas! I'm finally starting to get excited and not so stressed. Of course, the house is a disaster, but I've just given up on that for a couple of days until we get everyone well.
I hear ya Sista! Poor Wyatt and I tried two times to see Santa at the stupid mall, and he left for a "break" three people in front of us both times!!! A "BREAK?!?"..Exactly what does Santa NEED a break from? I mean the guy sits there all day in his big cushy velvet chair and people sit on his lap while he stuffs his face full of candy canes! Try standing in line for 30 minutes with a 4 year old, only to tell them, "I'm sorry, Santa left...again!"I'm the one who needs a break Santa!!!
Sorry...umm,I think I'll go eat some cookie dough.
Post a Comment