
What's wrong with this child picture?!
Happy Valentines Day!Truthfully, not the day we planned around here, but that's the one constant isn't it? Change?
Earlier this week we got a call from Oklahoma informing us if the death of Riley's grandfather and my husband's 1st Father-in-law. So early this morning, early, they boarded a plane to take them to OK for Monday's memorial service. Thank goodness for Priceline, we were able to get incredibly good fares at the last minute, but the downside is you only get to choose flight dates, not times. (Try out $200RT each instead of $500RT each! If you ever need a quick flight and are flexible with times, bid on Priceline.)
Which meant they flew out of SLC at 6 am for a layover in Denver, then on to OKC.
Which left me and the kids home to brave church alone. It went pretty well. The kids were better behaved than usual - tender mercies! Nicole gave a talk in Primary. She did great. She spoke about the Bible story of the woman at the well and Christ being the "living water". Nursery for me was calmer than usual, which was a nice break.
Ron and I went out Friday for a VDay date since he was going to be gone today. And because today was a Sunday.
Before we ate, we went to the AT&T store and got me and Riley new phones. My old phone's battery was toast...if it was fully charged, I had about 5 minutes to talk before it would die. Not so useful, and highly irritating! Riley had gotten her's wet one too many times, so a few of the buttons weren't working. It was time for some new equipment, and thankfully our old contract obligation was fulfilled. Ron was a gem of a husband and got me an iPhone. I'm sure I will be addicted...yep, positive! Problem is, it's taken me all day to write this post since the kids keep
That's about it for today, just one more thing...for those of you that have an iPhone, will you share your favorite apps with me? I'll share mine in a later post if you are interested.
I hope you all felt lots of love today, and that it spills over to every day.




5 comments:
COOL NEW PHONE! happy Valentines day to you. bummer he was gone on the day of but really sunday Valentines day is never as fun.
i wear red or pink every valentines day. i can't resist and felt only slightly cheesy about it at the grocery store.
when I found out it's capabilities I begged to leave the dark ages and get me one of those babies, but it means changing carriers and I am not so sure the hubby wants too. Oh well, enjoy your fun gift!!!
When I have had to go to church without my husband, I am not only intimidated but extremely frightened. Yet, Heavenly Father sends down those sweet, tender mercies from Heaven that enables me to go without feeling too anxious.
Hooray for the iPhone!!
My condolences to your family.
I love my iPhone. I once left it on top of my car and drove off and it didn't break (and someone found it in the parking lot and returned it to me). Just make sure you buy a case to protect it.
My favorite apps are echofon for twitter, facebook, flixster for finding movie information (from the nearest theaters or favorite theaters). I also am going to get the LDS scriptures app- they are expensive but awesome (my mom has them).
I am rather app backwards so I would love a list of helpful apps!
Great picture, lol! That's great Riley was able to attend her grandpa's funeral even though it was an early flight.
And wonderful tender mercies on Valentines day. Way to go on the iphone too. I "borrow" my hubby's all the time to play bejeweled blitz. He keeps saying he needs to get me one. But I really don't need another time waster. ;) And you are right, the kids will steal it from me anyway!
Post a Comment