Thursday, October 08, 2009

School Pictures

Got the school pictures back, and we're much happier with them this year! They are centered, the kids hair isn't doing anything weird, and their smiles aren't as forced looking as last year's photos. Without further adieu:


Mommy's little buddy....age 3, attending 2 day a week neighborhood co-op preschool! So excited that it's at our house for the next two weeks. :)


Mr. 1st Grade....age 6, loves school, reading ability is exploding, loves math. Told us the other night how long the Euphrates River is. I can't remember the actual number, but it was long! (Although the picture looks like he is wearing a dirty shirt, he isn't. I am not loving our scanner.)


Second grade wonder. Her teacher is holding her back in reading...not because she's failing, but because she can read anything. We are slowing her down a bit so her comprehension can catch up, and just so she doesn't miss the fun books meant for her age. Also just "gets" math. She couldn't be my child. She must've been switched in the hospital! She turns 8 in a month and can't wait to be baptized.


Our High School-er.....I wonder when I'll get used to saying that?! Taking Honors English, Spanish, Chemistry, and Algebra among her classes.....maintaining good grades, and will get credit in them once she makes up her tardies in "attendance school"...Oops! She turns 16 in January and although she doesn't think it's true, the boys are lining up to ask her out. We are afraid. Ron is stocking up on ammunition and building a moat.

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Darling kids and pictures. I can't wait to see what ours will look like. It's always a mystery with school pictures :)

Jamie said...

Smart,Beautiful kids! They take ours and then insert fake backgrounds it makes me nuts so I usually do not order any.

Anonymous said...

Eli looks old! Not to mention your "high schooler!" Tell Ron Kev will help with the moat, we'll be looking into one in a few years!

Jen said...

Those really turned out good. In my senior high school pic I look Gothic, because my clothes were really dark and so was the back ground- Not cute!

brooke said...

I can see why you are happy with them! They are all so cute! I seriously thought Eli was Nicole! (thanks for letting me stalk your blog!)

onehm said...

AWESOME photos! Your kids did a great job smiling. Not an easy feat, I KNOW!
:)

raising4boys said...

Wow 16!!

How fun Nicole is getting baptized soon. We are looking forward to our son's at the beginning of the year. Such a fun time :)

Hacking it up said...

So cute! Nicole looks so much older this year!! Sheesh--tell them to all stop that growing up so fast!

RAQ said...

I remember when your 3 little-or not so little ones were born and now Riley is going to be 16--woa! Time sure flies! Beautiful kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails