As I mentioned, Ellie decided this morning that she was done being a flower princess, which is what she wore to her dance lesson and her Joyschool parade. She went back to her original ballerina costume. This costume was actually Nicole's dance performance costume from last year, and ever since Nicole was done with "Little Mermaid" this past June, Ellie has deemed it hers and loves to play dress-up in it. So my plan for Halloween was to get some sparkly shoes for her to wear with it and call it good....until she changed her mind the 1st time and found the flower princess costume. Needless to say, and because she is spoiled, I was a bit stressed out when she announced the last minute 2nd change of plans. I was happy to find out her thick white tights still fit from last winter (it's going to be a cold Halloween this year!) and even happier when I ran to Target and found the very last pair of silver sparkly shoes in her size were on sale for $9! We did a little face paint and glittering, and viola, Ellie the Ballerina:

I should probably put her hair up in a bun for the real ballerina effect...maybe tomorrow. Not sure what the deal with the tongue is....too much excitement? And yes, she is still going to freeze tomorrow night. Not many people will know what she is all bundled up in a hat, coat, mittens, and most likely her snow pants!
Oh, and while at Target I found a kid size geisha wig on sale for $5....I got it for Nicole to make her look a bit more complete with the black poofy geisha bun look...it is hilarious!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Costumes, Round 1a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
She looks so cute. You have to love recycling the old dance costumes. My Emmie is doing the same thing this year and it made me so happy!
I love finding good deals like that. My Ellie has been something different every party she's been to this year.
Post a Comment