
As noted in an earlier post, Ron and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in August. We'd been talking for a while about going away somewhere to mark the occasion....places like Hawaii, Cancun, Bahamas, and even Peru were mentioned. Alas, because we have the responsibility of young children that need to be cared for, those locales will be saved for a later time. :) So instead, we decided to take a quick weekend trip to California. We made our final destination San Diego when we found out that one of the touring companies of "Wicked" was playing there. I have been wanting to see "Wicked" for years, but it just hadn't happened, and when it was in SLC earlier this year, there were no tickets to be had.
We flew in Friday morning, picked up our car, and made our way to San Diego(we flew into Long Beach). We went to the Newport Beach Temple and walked around the grounds as it was closed for maintenance. We had a hotel in Old Town San Diego, so that evening we strolled around there. Went to where the new and improved remodeled Mormon Batallion visitors center is....now I need to plan another trip back down in January to check it out when it reopens! That night we saw Harry Potter 6......yeah, it takes us a while to see movies! The next day was our "Wicked" matinee. It was better than I ever could've dreamed! So well acted and sung by all the players. I never expected it to be so funny, and yet I (of course) cried at the end. I could have sat through another performance right then. :) Too bad they kicked us out! That night we enjoyed fabulous Old Town mexican food, and then walked along Mission Beach at sunset. Sunday was spent driving back up the coast as we had an early flight out on Monday morning. We stopped off at a couple of beaches and enjoyed the tide pools and waves. That evening was dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company...I've never eaten so many shrimp in one sitting! The weekend was fabulous, so relaxing, and a wonderful way to reconnect with each other....we haven't spent that many days with just each other since our honeymoon, and it was so refreshing to just be able to talk to each other without the constant interruption of our (wonderful) kids.
Mission Beach
Aliso Beach
Monday, September 21, 2009
Round-up Part 3, or, Celebrating our 10th
at
9:17 PM
Labels: Andrea, Ron, vacation fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
What a lovely weekend. I want to take Mr. O to see Wicked, I loved it.
So fun...next time...we have to get together!! I'm so glad you were able to get away...those are critical times! :)
Headed there soon but there will be 8 instead of two:) mmmmmmmhhhhh?
LOVED Wicked too!!!
How fun!!! We used to go there all of time growing up...we camped at Mission bay, and I love old town San Diego!! Glad you two could get away!! Happy Anniversary!
I'm jealous. Kev & I were supposed to go over night for our 12th...first away EVER. That morning Addie was puking. We didn't go, haven't gotten to it. We're lame. And you were in my old stomping grounds! I served at the Mormon Battalion for about 5 months on my mission. Oh, the memories! Glad you guys got away. You deserve that. Lets do lunch again...I still need to try the sweet potato fries!
You've been busy! I like the collages ;)
Looks awesome.
So jealous.
Glad that you had some time with your honey...I think DH and I need some time away too. ;)
Hawaii is on the back burner for us too :( In fact we went to CA for our 10th too. It is just nice to get away even for the weekend. Glad you had a great time!
so glad you got to have such a great anniversary, love San Diego!
Post a Comment