I must say that we Utahns have been a bit spoiled this year, as we have had two new temples in the last year, along with their accompanying open houses and dedications. It's so fun to watch the temples being built, and then especially fun to be able to take our children to the open house before they are dedicated. After years of singing, "I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday", they finally get to, even if it is just a look around. :)
Ellie and I missed our tour of the Draper Temple, since she was sick that day. So the older kids went with daddy. But today we were all able to go together as a family to tour the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. (A little trivia: this temple is located in South Jordan, Utah, as well as the Jordan River Temple, making South Jordan the 1st city in the world to have 2 temples.)
I thought it was a beautiful temple. I was pleasantly surprised as to how well my children behaved there. As I walked in, I was holding Jared and Ellie's hands, and Jared pulled his away so he could fold his arms. :) Of course, later, Ellie went running to an overstuffed bench and bounced her tummy off it while loudly proclaiming, "Bouncy!" Oh well....she's 3, what can I say?
As we left, all the kids were very excited to go get their cookie and water bottle.....when did the Church start that at temple open houses?! I personally think it's hilarious! I highly recommend taking your families if you are at all able to. The tours are very open, in fact, we were able to park right in the temple parking lot, which really surprised me! It's well worth it for the wonderful experience of visiting the temple and teaching our children about it.
I'm glad Ron had his phone with him, as I didn't feel like lugging the camera with us! :) Do you like Jared's hand?! He wanted it too look like he was holding Jesus' hand.....
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Oquirrh Mountain Temple
at
11:06 PM
Labels: Church, family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Wow! So amazing! We are looking forward to going too. Thanks for the preview. :)
That hand holding pose is the cutest thing!
I love going to open houses too. How sweet that he thought to hold the Saviors hand.
I wish we could go! You guys have temple open houses every week.... :) I love that Jared is "holding Jesus' hand" ...I'm sure that Jesus was holding his hand :)
We were lucky to go to two open houses this year. How sweet that Jared wanted to hold Jesus' hand!
I do have to say the Oquirrh Mountain Temple tour was more convenient with the parking and not having to ride the tour buses like we did at Draper. But both were equally beautiful and unique in their own way.
I hope the children remember this experience. I still need to journal it in my boys books and put the pamphlets in for them.
Post a Comment