Saturday, July 04, 2009

Family Fun & Fotos on the 4th

We had a fun weekend celebrating the 4th. We tried to take it easy, for Ron's poor eye. Yesterday we took a walk on the trail near our home and stopped by the river to wade and throw rocks. Then we headed to a new public pool in our area, which received an A+ rating from the kids. We'll definitely head back there.

Today, after dropping Riley off for her 3 hours at work, we went up to Alpine to Moyle Park, hoping we could find some good backdrops for pictures. It worked, we got a few good shots, when I could get the kids to cooperate! Jared wasn't in much of a smiling mood, and Ellie couldn't hold still even for the camera to catch her with a fast shutter! We got some cute shots though to commemorate our day. I even set up the camera and let Jared take a picture of mom & dad, and it turned out better than I expected! Then off to home for a nice dinner of chicken fajitas and homemade ice cream....I need to work on my ice cream making skills a little more....it was more of a soup than a set up ice cream!(What was with that?!) Ended the night with the "Sidewalk of Fire". No pictures of that...I was manning the punk to light the fireworks as Ron couldn't see well enough to do it. Happy Independence Day!

They are so cooperative....try to get a real smile, and you just get goofy laughing! I do like this picture though, it shows their true selves!

Mom set up the shot, Jared pushed the button! I'm pretty pleased with what he got.

My favorite shot of the day. Love her eyes.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

She has beautiful eyes. And the picture of the two of you turned out great - love it!

Brynn said...

Great pics, but I too LOVE the last one! What a doll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails