Last week, Nicole's dance studio presented "The Little Mermaid" as their end of year recital. Nicole has had such fun this year taking dance. I think the funniest part about watching her dance is that she gets a little distracted by the other dancers, scenery, and what not that she is always looking around while doing her little dance steps. I guess the realization that she is part of the show and she needs to dance for the audience will come with maturity!
The show was really fun, and I enjoyed it, twice! I of course took pictures, which was interesting as I hadn't ever attempted taking pictures in a dark theater with no flash. After the first set of botched ones, I figured out where to set my white balance and such for a better looking outcome....of course once I had figured out the settings, when Nicole came out for her longer dance piece, she was right behind someone else and I couldn't even see her! Murphy's Law?!
Nicole the Jellyfish
Act 2 - "Les Poissons"


These were the botched ones, previous to figuring out where the White Balance, ISO, and shutter speed really needed to be. Oh well! Live and learn. :)
We were sure proud of Nicole for all the work she put in all year, and especially that long day at the theater (dress rehearsal, and two performances all in the same day!). She's excited to get started back into it next year.








9 comments:
They turned out great. That third one is so fun!
I need help figuring out my camera.
SOoo cute!!! What a fun thing to dress up for!! She's a cutie!
That is so cute! What a performance:)
How fun! Brings back memories for me when I was a little girl. Dance is so great for girls! I love the pictures too :)
she's darling! how fun! what a cute performance. and the pics are great!
So fun. And what a cutie!!! Hey, I wasn't there Sunday, but exciting for you to get your hubby back!
So talented!
Wow, those are some fancy costumes! Looks like a great performance.
I'm still figuring out white balance too - I noticed that the overcast clouds on the sea foam made for some really bright spots. Let's figure out a time next week to do some photo fun. I found some cute dresses for my girls for 4th of July and there's an awesome old red barn right by my house that'd make a perfect backdrop.
TOOO cute. How fun, my girls would be in heaven. She's adorable:)
Post a Comment