Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Katie Cricket"

Piano recital time again. Last year's selection was Matt the Cat....this year, Katie Cricket. Honestly, I don't need to hear either of those songs again. :)

The only thing I wish is that she'd play her songs at her recital like she plays them at home, with the rhythm even, and the dynamics correct. It seems that once she gets on that grand piano and she can see into the piano box and see the hammers going as she plays, that ALL her attention goes to that curiosity and her playing doesn't get a second thought! I guess we'll just have to replace our digital piano with a baby grand so that playing on one at recitals won't be a problem. (If you watch the video, it's the videogpaphers fault...mine...that it starts in the middle of the song! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing.)



2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I love that she checked out the piano innards - she's very observant. Genius!

Crazymamaof6 said...

super cute! she did great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails