I finally finished a very long put-off project this week...
For months, the kids basement playroom has been uninhabitable.
You could not see the floor. They could not use the toys. It was completely beyond the point of them being able to clean it up, and I didn't want to do it and avoided the chore for as long as I could. I planned on getting it done before summer break, but put it off.
Then it was summer break.
The kids were home 24-7.
Then the weather changed, and we had the rainiest June ever. So, not only were the kids home....they were stuck INSIDE! Amazing what a little motivation for peace will do to kickstart me!
After a major purging, many trips to DI and the ward nursery bin, and a number of full garbage bags, the playroom is clean, neat, organized, and beautiful. The kids have also been threatened to within an inch of their lives instructed that they need to do their very best to keep it that way.



To address any questions that may arise from these photos:
- Yes, I am aware that the kids still have too many toys.
- Ellie has been wearing dress-ups since she was allowed to access the dress-up box again. She may never wear normal clothes again.
- The mural? I started that thing when I was pregnant with Jared. It's still not completed. He'll be six in a month. I have a serious problem with follow-through.




9 comments:
It's beautiful and so inspiring. I really need to work on ours.
I really like the mural.
holy cow! i bow down! this is SUPER IMPRESSIVE! it's amazing! way to go!
ahhh i bet you are in heaven!
Well Done! It looks so great!
Sounds like you are ready to come to Virginia Beach....and help me conquer my cleaning tasks. :)
*GASP*! An honest to goodness post! And less than 3 weeks after the last one! ;)....kidding.
Love the line about the mural. I have several unfinished craft type projects lurking in the background, being irritable and whiny. Too bad.
F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. Oh How I wish we could see the floor in ours which doubles as one small boys bedroom, but oh well, we just kick the toys aside a put the child in his bed.
Wow you did an amazing job! Do you want to come do my workout/craft/my stuff room? ha ha
Oh you're so lucky....I always wished my kids could have a playroom....boo hoo - for us :) On the other hand, we probably saved a lot on toys :)Whenever I wanted to buy something BIG, I'd sadly remember we didn't have room for it.
Well done! I hope it stayed looking like that for a few minutes after all of your hard work! ;)
Post a Comment