Yesterday was my Aunt Carol's birthday (which is why I can always remember when I got engaged, because it was on her b-day). This year was a big one......80 years young. Wow!
Does this woman look 80? I don't think so either!

You could not find a better, or more generous woman than my Aunt Carol. She never married, therefore has no children of her own. So her nieces and nephews are her children. We all have enjoyed the best aunt ever! And her love has continued to spill over to the great nieces and nephews. Silky baby blankets for all the babies, and I was lucky enough to get a hand quilted white one for my girls blessing quilt, as well as Jared's "tiny blank"....his miniature version of the silky blanket to haul around. Not only that, but she likes to know what is going on with the kids, and asks them what they are doing in school, church, with friends, etc. My kids also love it when she reads them stories.
Aunt Carol values education. She has a bachelors, masters, and doctorate degree in education. She worked at BYU for years in Home and Family Education, including serving as the chair of the department. She has also taught overseas, in Japan and Turkey. Her nieces and nephews also benefit from her love of education, as she will buy their books (as long as their grades stay up!), and she also helped pay my tuition when I was in school, for which I am ever so grateful for. All the missionaries in the family benefit as well, as she buys them a suit before they go into the MTC. Aunt Carol is a world traveler. There aren't that many places she hasn't been.
To add to her generosity, she also has, or still does, serve on the boards for Utah Youth Village, and the Children's Justice Center. She sews and donates 10 teddy bears a month to the Justice Center to be given to the children they serve. Have I mentioned she just turned 80?!
I feel so blessed to have my Aunt Carol. I hope she had a great birthday, and that we get to help her celebrate many more happy and healthy years! :)
Friday, April 24, 2009
World's Best Aunt
at
11:45 AM
Labels: Aunt Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
We should all be so productive. What a great lady!!
What an awesome lady! She could easily pass for 15 or more years younger than her actual age, and I'd dare say that's directly attributable to being so active. Good for her! I want to be like that when I grow up :).
I love your engagement anniversary post - very cute.
what a blessing to you and your family to have an aunt as wonderful as her!!!
Aunt Carol is the best! I echo your sentiments. We are so lucky to have an Aunt like her.
Post a Comment