So, because I had a big mouth to Nicole's ENT, and mentioned that she has nosebleeds, sometimes often, the Dr. ordered a CBC and clotting time test....just to make sure she doesn't have any clotting issues that would cause us to move her surgery to a children's hospital (where they have pediatric blood, in case she should need some.)
She began freaking out when I told her where we were going, and didn't stop until the needle was in her arm and she realized it wasn't as bad as she'd imagined, and it was sorta interesting watched the tubes fill with blood. She screamed her loudest when the phlebotomist uncapped the needle...I think she woke up some of the ICU patients out of their coma's...
That was fun....not.
I'm sure she'll be fine, and we'll hear nothing of the results from her doctor...no news is good news!
Yesterday afternoon, we also had an appointment at the school for an assembly honoring the kids who scored well on the IOWA skills test. Riley scored in the top 10% of the nation in reading and science! Way to go Riley!
(I would've had a picture of the event, but we were late and I ran out of the house leaving the camera behind...better than one of the kids!)
Fun planned for today: Burlington Coat Factory is having a suit sale, and my hubby desperately needs new suits. So we're off...the kids will be so excited, as they LLLLLOVVE to go shopping...not.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Fun & Frolic
at
10:10 AM
Labels: just for fun, Nicole, Riley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Congratulations Riley! That is fantastic. Scott reminded me that Connor's head size use to be in the top 10 percentile in the nation. (-:
Tell Nicole Auntie Beth is proud of her for being so brave. Those needles are UGLY!
congrats on the high scores. and oy on the testing. that is never fun. and shopping with kids in Tow that is a great time i'm sure. good luck with everything.
Congrats to Riley!!! Well done girl!..
Post a Comment