I'd heard about this new show at Disneyland, "Jedi Training Academy," and since Nicole and Jared are addicted to the Lego Star Wars game, and the Star Wars movies (old and new), I thought we'd check it out.
It's a really interactive show, where they start out by picking about 30 kids out of the audience to come receive "Jedi training" and then get to test out their skills.
We arrived at the last show of the day about 30 minutes early and got almost the last spaces right up front. So we sat and waited, and I thought how funny it would be if either got chosen. The show started up, and once the "Jedi Master" moved to our side to start picking recruits, the kids were all screaming and jumping excitedly up and down. Nicole was the 2nd kid he chose! (I think they picked almost all the girls there!)
So then I was hoping, hoping Jared could go out too. He picked a bunch more kids, then moved back to where we were. By now Riley and I are standing behind Jared pointing at him with pleading looks on our faces, and sure enough, he got picked TOO!
They dressed all the kids in Jedi robes and gave them light sabers, then taught them a combination of moves to use with their light sabers.
At this point some storm troopers run out, and the stage rises up, smoke and music and all, and out comes Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Jared was SO into it! Vader tries to convince the recruits to (insert Darth Vader voice here!) "join him on the Dark Side," and then the Jedi says their force is too strong, and Darth will have to fight them!
Nicole got put in the group to fight Darth Maul, and Jared in the group to go against Vader. Each kid took their own separate turn with the help of the Jedi masters.
Nicole got a bit freaked out because right as she went up to fight Darth Maul, he backed up and then did a spinning jump in the air right in front of her so she backed WAY up! But then she timidly did her moves.
Jared just marched right up to Vader on his turn, activated his light saber, and did his moves! He was great!
I think I was more excited they got chosen to participate than they were, but they had fun!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Installment 2: Our Kids, the JEDI'S!!
at
4:42 PM
Labels: Disneyland, Jared, Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
wow that is awesome they both got picked! very cool stuff! totally memory makings! and pictures to prove it are even better! especially for show and tell!
Oh my gosh! We've GOT to do this when we're out there! Where in the park is this? Is it several times a day or something?
It's at "Tomorrowland Terrace", and there were 4-5 shows throughout the day. WooHoo! I hope your kids can do it too.
Post a Comment