Yes, the above title could refer to my blog which hasn't been posted on for six months (who does that?!)
Oh yeah. Me.
But actually, it is referring to my own baby, Ellie, who still does not have a lovingly cross-stitched Christmas stocking handmade by her mother. Yes, call CPS, my poor almost 5 year old daughter is still waiting for her matching-with-the-rest-of-the-family stocking. I have had all the supplies to make it since the Fall of 2006. I have had great intentions. Of course, I have all sorts of great intentions, but lack a lot of follow through. I blame genetics. ;)
The sad state of Ellie's stocking:

Yes. This year she noticed that she is the only one with a store-bought stocking....turning away in shame from it's matched brothers and sisters...
Then she looked at me with her sad eyes as daddy (thanks daddy...) told her the sad tale of how mommy hasn't made her stocking, then asked the loaded question: "Mommy, will you make me a new Christmas stocking like those?"
Well, duh, who can resist their baby asking a question like that?! So this morning, I got this out:

I've ironed the linen, taped the edges, rolled it to soften it, and as soon as I publish this miraculous blog post, I will begin. I'm actually happy to have something to do to occupy my attention from the BYU/UofU game today.....it'll help prevent a heart attack if it's a close game, or give me a diversion if it isn't.
I'll be posting my progress on this project as my motivation. I now have less than a month to stitch it and turn it into a stocking. My own fault for putting it off. I do work better under pressure.....but still, wish me luck!




5 comments:
Luck! You can do it. And my Ellie is the same - no matching stocking.
Good luck getting it done! I think you can do it! :) We have matching stockings but only thanks to my mother.
That's why all my children have store bought stockings--and none match. It's a game for them to choose which stocking they will use each year.
Happy stitching. My kids all have matching quilted stockings and I always hated that feeling of realizing it was time to make another one. The most I procrastinated was a year, though.
Good to see you again!! I've been too busy to blog too.
I LOVE the stockings. Great work. I bet it felt good to Cross stitch again :)
Post a Comment