Thursday, March 31, 2011

One of those Days

One of those days:

  • Kids don't want to go to school, including one who won't get up in time and is 30 minutes late to class.
  • Boy with way too much energy to listen to moms plea's to stop throwing the ball in the house and ends up knocking a digital picture frame off the back of the cabinet. I can't reach it.
  • Same boy that can't seem to turn off his bedroom light despite being sent to his room 4 times to do it, and he even made it back to his room all four times!
  • Phone call from dad telling me his woes about a girl that can't seem to shut the car door when she gets out to go to class.
  • Little girl that has tormented the puppy so much today that I have put him outside for his own (and my) sanity.
  • That I feel out of control for no particular reason.

This mornings emotions lead to some reflection, and this:
  • Thankful that the kids are healthy, and can go to school. Thankful that we are able to have a choice to send our kids to a school they love, with fun friends, and teachers that can pay attention to them individually and love them.
  • Hopeful that responsibility will click in an older child.
  • Thrilled my boy can run and play. Has the energy he needs to do everything and more of what he wants to.
  • Trying to feel blessed for the opportunity to learn more patience...because I need more of it....and beyond blessed to be the mother of these 4 children.
  • Happy that our girl is exuberant and is excited to see her friends.  Hopeful that she will remember, eventually, to close the car door.
  • Grateful that we found a very cute and patient puppy for our kids to be responsible for.
  • Happy that it is a warm day, that I can put the dog outside and he won't get too muddy.
  • Although I still feel out of control (because I can't control life), I can pull enough things together that I can feel composed and useful.
  • Happy to be healthy.
  • Happy I can help others through their trials.
  • Excited for General Conference this weekend, and not just because we can wear comfy clothes all Sunday.
  • Happy that plans for Spring Break came through. Hopeful that the sun will shine on us that week!
See.  Feeling better now. :)

What are you happy about today?

4 comments:

Danny said...

Happy about (this week):

1) The car not breaking down several miles earlier where there was only two lanes of traffic and no shoulder.

2) Work load being lighter so I could have time to make all the phone calls I've needed to during the past few days.

3) Being able to get to know a co-worker better through carpooling and having a missionary experience with him during the commute.

4) Being able to work through the car-shopping/buying process rather quickly (but not rashly)

jenny said...

Look at you gettin' all positive there. Glad you're smilin'.

Pyatt said...

Thanks for this post...I have these days too and I'm glad we can all be in these AMAZING trenches together!

Mrs. O said...

I'm happy about doing yard work and how amazing the sunshine feels.

Thank you for reminding me to have perspective.

Related Posts with Thumbnails