
Looking better...ish?! It has been crazy. Therefore, the stocking progress has slowed. But really, scroll down and look at the picture on the post below, go on, I'll wait for you -------- see how much more is done?! I'm actually feeling impressed with myself now! There have been eye surgeries (+ complications), choir skirt to finish, choir concerts, and then the whole reason for the stocking...Christmas to still try and prepare for.
Due to Ron's vitrectomies last year, he has developed cataracts, which we expected would happen. His right eye worsened first, so last Thursday was his first cataract and lens replacement surgery. It went as expected, and the follow-up appointment Friday looked good. But Saturday he started seeing flashes of light in that eye, and a lot of "floaters" in his field of vision. So he called the doctor, who wanted to see him that evening. (Poor guy and his family! They were up seeing the lights in SLC and stopped by the office on the way home to see him....9:30 at night....5 kids...baby.... Now that is dedication, although his wife and kids were pretty much at his mercy!) There was a spot on Ron's retina that Dr. Brockbank was a little concerned about, so sent him home and told him to lay low on Sunday. Thankfully, his eye has had no more issues and is slowly improving each day.
Nicole is in the children's choir at school. I've known since October that she needs a black skirt for her performances. Remember that personality quirk of mine involving procrastination?! So I of course waited until Monday to make her skirt. Her first performance was Tuesday. :) But hey! I finished it! (I am such a dork.) The school assembly performance went well. Today is up in SLC at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, so we are schlepping all of us up to go see the lights at Temple Square after. Should be fun, as it's been probably 6 years since we've been.....I think. I'm pretty sure we have never taken Ellie. Our children are highly deprived.
Yesterday also involved getting Nicole set up waiting in the "stand-by" line for the school play audition. The time slots filled up so fast that we didn't get one! Luckily a couple kids didn't show right at the beginning though, so she got right in and I didn't have to leave her sitting there for 2 hours hoping she'd get in. Hopefully we'll know before Christmas break if she gets to be in the play. Fingers crossed....she really wants to do it.
I am planning on more stocking progress. But aren't plans great?! They make things sound so wonderful! I will finish this stocking before Christmas, although I may have Santa waiting over my shoulder ready to fill it as I get the last stitches in.....




1 comment:
You have been a busy girl
& yes, i'm still loving the stocking more & more with every post :)
Post a Comment