Ron and I enjoy watching this Food Network show. Most of the places Guy Fieri visits are too far away for us, but it is fun to see some of the really odd food sometimes shown!
We have been excited to see him visit the SLC area a couple of times, and have had to go to a couple of the places after hearing about their menus. The first place was Lone Star Taqueria, found in the Fort Union area. Very good, very worth it, awesome yummy authentic Mexican food. Tamales and fish tacos.....that's all you need to know.
We took our second adventure out to Ruth's Diner. The famous Diner in Emigration Canyon that's been around since the 30's. It started out located in an old train dining car, which is still there, but has had quite a bit of square footage added to it. We were lucky enough to be seated in the old train car. This place has the BEST biscuits I have ever eaten...ever. Ron got an order of the biscuits and gravy for us to share...I could've died happy right then. We went after Ron's first post-op eye appointment, so almost lunch time. I got soup and a half sandwich, both were good....I'm always a sucker for a turkey sandwich that has cranberry sauce on it! Ron got a fabulous omelet with crab, avocado, and smothered in hollandaise sauce. My, oh my....not a thing to complain about with that! I'd recommend this place anytime. I might have to get a season pass to the Zoo so I have a reason to visit Ruth's a few more times. ;)
A little shot Ron took with his phone of Ellie and I in our dining car booth.
**Since I mentioned Ron's eye, I figured I should give a little update....that last appointment went well, everything is looking good. After reviewing his ultrasound again and taking another look at his eye, they are thinking that what they thought was a macular hemorrhage is actually an old solar burn. At some point Ron looked too long at the sun and burned the back of his eye. Another reason to always listen to your mother. When she tells you not to stare at the sun because you'll go blind, she isn't kidding! But no, Ron isn't going blind....the doctor was quite pleased with how everything is healing. :)**
Now go eat!
Friday, November 06, 2009
Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME HERE??? I must say that the few times I've seen this show I have LOVED it. But I love food, so that shouldn't be much of a surprise...
:)
Those places sound awesome! And I'm so glad that Ron's eye is doing so well.
You are so funny....listen to your mother...HA!
Mr. O and I are always looking for authentic mexican food (we grew up in California so we know what it should taste like) so thanks for the recommendation.
Such good news about Ron's eye!
I love all those types of food shows. and Guy is pretty entertaining:)
He was here?!? I feel so famous. :) I'm so excited to go try those places! Thank you for sharing!
C-Dog is a fan of the food network. maybe I should watch! I used to think my Mom was making that stuff up, guess not..... Glad Ron's eye is healing well.
How could I have never heard of Lone Star?! That's definitely going on the list of must-eat places. Have you ever eaten at the Red Iguana? It's another fabulous mexican food joint, right on North Temple on the "wrong" side of the freeway. Absolutely delicious...and the first place I've had mole I liked.
Alan loves Ruth's diner. He used to work up in Research Park, so he managed to make it up there several times for lunch. I've only been there once, but enjoyed it.
Hmmm, speaking of diners, its Friday & we never did lunch. Go figure! Glad Ron's okay. Such a rebel...not listening to his mother!
You make us all hungry!! That's very interesting about Ron's eye. I didn't know you could really burn your eye by staring at the sun. Was it on a dare Ron? Glad everything is under control.
Post a Comment