Back to school today for the three oldest! I'm left with my little one at home, and so much more peace and quiet that I can't help but smile. Don't take me wrong, I love and adore my children, but how can you miss them unless they leave the house?! That, and too much together time for them equals more and more arguing and fighting, which frankly, drives me bonkers! But onto the point of this post:
Riley entered the world of high school this year. It literally seems like yesterday that we were walking her to 1st grade, so it is just so weird to think of her in high school. She was nervous, but excited. I hope everything goes well for her! I caught this picture as she was waiting for her friend to come pick her up...lucky Riley has a friend that is a junior and has access to a car. :)
Here's a look at our newest 2nd grader, sporting her new hairdo. Nicole and Jared are back at the charter school, and Nicole happily got the teacher she was hoping for. :) The only thing that could've made her happier was if she'd ended up having more of her friends in her class.....but no worry there, she'll see them at lunch and recess, and she'll make new friends in 5 minutes flat anyway!
Jared was so excited this morning he woke up all on his own, and came out all dressed and ready with even shoes on before he'd even had breakfast. First grade. I will admit, I will miss him. All day is a long time to be gone! He is very excited about three recesses and taking his lunch to school though. He told me this morning how he was going to organize his desk as soon as he got there. He is a funny kid! :)
So now, it's me and Ellie. I'm glad I have my little princess here with me for a couple more years! When we were out school shopping, Ellie decided she needed a lunch box. So we let her pick one out. She brought it with her today as we dropped the kids off. Then she asked if it was time for her to go to ballet. Nope, not until Monday! When we got home, she asked that I pack her lunch box with, what else? Lunch. So I did. She then put her cereal spoon down, and ate her lunch. At 8:30 AM! Ellie and I are doing a co-op preschool here in the neighborhood, but that doesn't start until September, so we have to figure out how to fill our days until then. But I'm liking the quieter and peaceful mornings just fine! :)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Four - three = one, and a SMILE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
They are all so cute! I love Rachel's hair. You have a good first day of school attitude. I need to work on mine. I've been sitting around crying all day.
I was hoping you would post a picture of Nicole's hair - too cute!! I think we are better moms when we have a chance to miss the kids! Your kids have grown so much and are so cute!!
Brooke
Duhh-I mean Nicole. Why am I always mixing up Rachel and Nicole's names? I think because I know they are neighbors. Anyway, NICOLE'S hair is darling and I told her so at her class. I think I even called her the right name that time. ;)
Wendi- You are funny! I love her hair too! It's a little bit shorter than I planned though...I'm trying to figure out how to get it into a pony for ballet! I think I have a plan though... ;)
Sooooo cute kids!:)
I love Riley's hair. So much volume- so jealous!
Sorry Riley's first day wasn't the best. Taran actually liked his first day last year and I was surprised. He even came home saying it was better than he expected. Answered prayers! Hang in there, it might be a little overwhelming. It was fun she hung out here with the guys the other night!
Wow, a high schooler!!! You're old! Okay, lunch? I'm all over that this week. Call me!
Happy kids! Happy mom! Lucky mom!
Yay school!! My boys start tomorrow! I feel the same way you do. I feel bad being happy about them starting, but they get bored being home, and the fighting drives. me. crazy. They need their own routine right?
Your kids are adorable. Enjoy your alone time with Elle. Next week I'll have alone time with my baby in the afternoon. (but he'll be napping) :)
I LOVE Nicole's new do! I've been trying to get brave enough to whack off a bunch of Rachel's so we don't have to fight over brushing it every day...that length is just perfect.
Post a Comment