Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Spring has Sprung, Race Results, Soccer Fun, and Green?!

Finally, Spring has sprung around this town. Although Mother Nature is still doing her bast to squelch it with wind, cold, rain, and occasional snow. It melts quickly though, when it happens. Here is our cute little Quaking Aspen putting out it's leaves. Am I the only one that finds new leaves almost as cute as new babies?! They are so fresh and clean, shiny, and are just a great color of green.


We got the results of the Fun Run the kids were in: Jared took 3rd place in the boys age 5-8 division! He couldn't have been prouder. The 2 kids that beat him were both 8 yr olds. I thought it was awesome that he stuck to his little race so well and was rewarded for it. Nicole took 11th place, and wondered why they didn't have a ribbon for her as well! ;) We are proud of both of them for doing their best.


Tis the season for soccer, and we finally had a little bit of decent weather for it. Jared had a great game with 3 goals. He loves playing soccer. I love getting fun shots with his "game face"! This weekend is supposed to be nice weather as well, and hopefully he will be able to go play. (He's trying to get over pneumonia right now!)



I'm not sure what is going on with all the lime green in this post, coincidence I suppose?!

5 comments:

Cali said...

I know what you mean about new leaves. I feel the same way.

And congrats to both kiddos on the race!

Jamie said...

Way to go kiddos!!! I am glad Mother Nature has finally taken notice and lightened up a bit. Fabulous soccer shots. When soccer starts in the fall I will have three playing, but hopefully only two teams.

Jen said...

I love the Lime Green, Very Spring-like:)

Chrissy, said...

He is so good! I would love to see score a goal! See ya tomorrow.:)

RAQ said...

cute face!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails