
Jared got better from his bout with pneumonia just in time to go back for the last two weeks of school. Every (well, almost every!) week Jared's class spotlighted a student. Most of the kids did it during their birthday week, but since Jared was born in July, he will never celebrate a birthday during school. I tried to time his week during his 1/2 birthday, but someone had already claimed that week as well. So I just waited until the end of school to get it as close to his bday as I could. We got to make a collage poster about Jared, he filled out a questionnaire, got to bring home and fill the "show & tell" box, and then we brought a treat in one day...since it was so hot that week, we did Otter Pops during recess! :) He was excited to finally get the chance to be Star of the Week.
On Friday of that week, Jared's class performed an Operetta of "Peter Rabbit". Jared played "Cottontail". He had a few memorized lines, and a bunch of songs. It was very cute. Ron did a video of it, and if you are really interested, you can find it here. This was also the day that I found out from a couple of other kindergarten moms that Jared has quite the following of "girlfriends" that are apparently going to "marry" him! So many, in fact, that one of the girls is "giving him up, because the competition is too stiff". (Little girls words, quoted to me from her mother!) The funniest part is that Jared doesn't have a clue that these little girls like him, he just thinks they are his friends that he has fun with! Now to figure out how to keep him going with this idea well into his teen years!
Last Thursday, Jared has his Kindergarten graduation. It was so cute, of course! I got all teary. This year just seemed to fly by. The weirdest part was when the presenter finished giving out the certificates, she presented them as the "Class of 2021". On to First Grade! What will I do with him in school all day?!
And last but not least, last Friday I got a black sheet to use as a backdrop...I pulled it out of the package and decided to try it out.....it'll look better (I hope) now that I've washed the fold marks out of it. Jared was only interested in doing goofy faces, so I took what I could get!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Jared Finishes Kindergarten
at
9:31 PM
Labels: Jared, photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Way to go Jared!! He is cute...I can see why those girls are all after him:) I will have two at school all day next year and I feel bad being excited abut it, but well, I just am and I don't think it will change any time soon.
That poster rocks. Glad he's feeling better!
so fun!
love the new black sheet. way fun to get the real kid. not just nice poses.
Whoohoo for graduation! so cute!
Andrea- I recognize Eva in his class, she is in my ward. I can't believe how big our kids are getting! I always check your blog but need to leave comments! Glad we have Walmart so we can run into each other every now and then!
Brooke(Richardson)
Post a Comment