Monday, August 18, 2008

A Little Freedom: Take 1

Riley and Nicole started back to school today...9th and 1st grades, respectively.

It really seems like yesterday that I was walking Riley to her first day of 1st grade.....now she's a freshman?! Whoa! And can you believe it? I actually caught a smile?! Cute kid. Riley has Seminary now (released time from school to take a religious class), she also is taking Algebra 2, Painting 2, World Civilizations, Biology, Advanced Choir, Advanced Spanish(3rd year), and Honors English. Go Riley! :)

Nicole was so excited for 1st grade. The kid is just excited about school and learning. I hope her enthusiasm never wanes. She was happy that she and most of her kindergarten friends ended up in the same class. I was excited for her to start on this new adventure of 6 hours of school....but torn as well! She grew up so fast. I of course got teary as I walked out of the class and Ron laughed at me and asked me why in the world I was crying about more freedom....I wasn't! Those tears would be for joy....my tears were a mixture of pride and sadness that my babies are just getting old so quickly. It was fun to pick her up, she bowled me over with a big hug and was most excited about the fact that she had three recesses! :) I found it interesting when she told me that during her 3rd recess, she and her friends were pretending to go on a rocket to visit the moon, Venus, Pluto, and back to Earth.....funny that they decided which specific planets they were going to visit.

**Stay tuned for "A Little Freedom: Take 2" next Monday when Jared starts Kindergarten.**

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHOOHOO that is awesome! first day of freedom! hallelujah! love that. glad she had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful! I can't believe you named your little one Jared (was that after my cousin, Jared - hahaha! do you remember that lovely double date? )

onehm said...

SO EXCITING! And I'm so happy for you to get two wonderful daughters to smile for pictures!! :)
YAY for freedom! And that pic of Nicole is fabulous! Is that the entrance to her school? It's gorgeous!

raising4boys said...

You did it!! I had mixed feelings about my 1st grader being gone all day too. He was pretty nervous yesterday. But it's nice to not have so much fighting during the day since he is the investigator.

I saw your comment on dancingqueen's blog and my hubby and I were just talking last night about how nice it would be if the school had webcams. It would be nice to check in on them without them knowing. But I just thought I was being a helicopter mom!

Chrissy, said...

I get teary reading about everyones first days of school. A mothers heart is a complicated thing when we watch our kids grow. It's hard to explain our emotions. Riley is a beautiful fun smart girl I love her personality. Nicole seems so smart I just can't belive how quickly she took to piano.

Welcome back from your trip.

When I see you remind me to tell you our experience going to sliding rock!! What a hoot!~

Jamie said...

I always have those mixed feelings. I was So-o ready for school to start yet realize they are getting to big for my liking. Such beautiful girls!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails