For years we've been talking about going up to a place my husband frequented during his teen years. For a while the area was closed off, but now there is a gate that allows hikers through. It's an easy hike. Apparently, the land below it was being readied to be subdivided, so there are asphalt roads all the way up. There are even fire hydrants, water and sewer lines ready and everything, but the plans to sell lots are no longer happening.....too bad, I kept telling Ron it would be such a beautiful place to live.....oh well, we wouldn't be able to afford the lot, so it's okay!
We hiked up the roads to the end of a culdesac, and then followed the little footpath about 200 yards to the prettiest waterfall and pool. There was no one else there, so we had it all to ourselves. Ron was the first to take the plunge, then Riley and I followed. We finally talked Nicole into it, but Jared was a no-go. Ellie was too little to begin with. The rock climbing involved in getting to the top is a bit hairy, but Nicole was able to handle it barefoot, so it is doable. It was so odd sliding down the falls. The rock wasn't as slippery as you'd think, until you got going down it. It took Riley a while to find her "line" so she wasn't bouncing all over. The pool at the bottom was waist deep, but that water was so shockingly cold I couldn't catch my breath once I came up.....brrr! Thankfully it was a warm day, so once I finally recovered and got my heart beating again the drying time was short. A fun way to spend a morning! We'll definitely go back.

I hiked up there, so dang it if I was going to miss out on the fun....check out the zoom on the right. Yeah, that would be sheer terror! (You should hear me on roller coasters!) But I did do it twice!
Riley bouncing around, and Nicole did it too...with Dad's help! (click on the picture if you want a closer view)







9 comments:
that looks like a ton of fun. :)
that looks like a ton of fun. :)
Okay, I'm going to have to take my family up there! That was where I spent SOOOO many summer afternoons. We would ride horses up there and spend hours on sliding rock. Last time we went up there you couldn't get in. Awesome!
that looks totally fun!
You guys always have so much fun! I love the pictures! Oh and thank you again for coming to the wedding last week. I loved having you there. I love you guys!
AMAZING! How fun:) So lucky to have it all to yourselves!!
Oh my goodness! That's looks like a blast- Where is this at?
I love the close up pic! Now that's real action.
That looks like lots of fun!!!
You're lucky you've started school!! My kids don't start until Monday...It's time for some structure around here...I guess...Looking forward to more pics!
I love the pictures! Especially the one with you sliding down the rock. LOL! Tons of FUN!!!
Post a Comment