Monday, August 27, 2007

Adventures in Arizona

Due to my niece Cali's wedding, I went to the "Furnace State" this weekend. We were all planning on going, but after the 6 hour drive home from Colorado, Ron and I decided it would be better for everyone involved if we didn't attempt two basically back-to-back 12 hour drives to get there and home...so I flew, and since Ellie can still classify as a lap-child, she came along. She did pretty well on the flights. Other than a few of her ear splitting shrieks, we survived the plane.

When I walked out of the airport on Thursday evening, I almost turned around to go back home...I forget how sickening it is to be outside at 9 o'clock at night, in August, in Arizona...still 100 degrees. Makes me really thankful to live in Utah, where it actually cools down when the sun sets. Oh trust me though, I'll be doing everything in my power to get to AZ in February, when we can shed our coats and go enjoy the warmth thawing our frozen bodies! But August.....gag!

It was great to see my siblings again, and Ellie had so much fun with her cousin, Grant. Cali and Danny's wedding went great, and being there in the temple sealing room was so wonderful. The rain that greeted us Saturday morning courtesy of Hurricane Dean even stopped in time for her to get pictures.

All too soon(Saturday evening), it was time to go back to the airport to head back home. It was such a quick trip, and I had to pack light enough to be able to handle bags and Ellie that I didn't even take a camera...so words are all you get for this post!

1 comment:

onehm said...

How fun that you were here! Wish I could have seen your little cutie in person...
I hear ya on the heat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails