
We had a birthday at our house today. Our Nicole turned 10. TEN?!! Double digits?!
Wow.
That decade flew. I shudder to think how quickly the next ten years will go, and we'll find ourselves with a 20 year old, a 19 year old(most likely out on his mission), and a 15 year old. Let's not even talk about the 27 year old! ;) I seriously won't even think about my and Ron's ages.
Nicole is amazing. She didn't seem to be in a hurry to make an appearance on this day 10 years ago. She was already 9 days overdue, and we pretty much had to force her out! But ever since then, she's been growing up at light speed...not kidding either, the kid looks like a 12 year old. She even has her 12 year molars. The dentist laughs every time we go in. We won't even talk about the adolescent changes we have going on here either with her...
Nicole has an amazing sweet and happy spirit. She loves to play, laugh, and have fun. She is strong-willed, and oh my, can she be defiant! She can be kind. She is a good and loyal friend. She has an infectious laugh. I love this sweet girl. She is amazing and smart. She has huge potential.
Happy Birthday Nicole! (pics coming later of some fun)

Not to be outdone by his sister turning 10, this guy(although not by his choice) turned our afternoon upside down.
I picked him up from carpool and he got in the car very upset and crying....pretty hard. Which in itself is not normal for a 3rd grader with a reputation to protect. Once I got the story, I found out that he had been walking down the sidewalk, and was run into by a younger kid running full tilt not watching where he was going. So Jared took a full-on hit to the face by this other kids head, which knocked him backward onto his back and then he hit the back of his head on the sidewalk. Wonderful. Jared didn't have visible gushing blood, so the TA that checked on him proclaimed him okay and went back to guiding cars through the pick-up process. When I got there J had a fat lip, slightly bleeding nose, and his teeth were loose(but not horribly.) After getting him home and seeing the crying not stop, some odd emotional outbursts, and complaints of dizziness and inability to focus, we got him into the doctor. Diagnosis....you guessed it, concussion.
Seriously?
Not to happy about this. Trying to remember it was an accident, but it just is bothersome to have kids so thoughtless and out of control that others get hurt. We'll be keeping J home from school tomorrow per Dr's orders, and I'll be having a chat with the principal to let him know what happened.
Love your kids. They grow up too fast. And they are fragile.




1 comment:
The birthday part sounds great. The concussion part sounds awful!
Post a Comment