Well, Jared got better just in time for his 1st preschool field trip to the APPLE ORCHARD! It's great when one of the parents have connections so the kids can go to new and interesting places like this. (Nicole got to go to the dog wash last year!)
Since last week was "A" week, and the Thomas twin's grandpa owns an orchard, the kids got to see exactly where those yummy apples that we get at the store come from. They even got to pick one to eat! (If you have never tried a "Honey Crisp" apple, you haven't lived!) They also saw the fruit storage building where the apples go to get cleaned, sorted, and stored. Then there are some people that this same mom knows that have an interesting menagerie of animals in their back yard.....so at the end the kids got to go see the chickens, peacocks, goats, deer, llamas, and camels! (No pictures of that, sorry! I had to get home to greet Nicole's carpool.)
Saturday was a return to soccer games. The kids both did well! They seem to have the general idea of what they are supposed to do. That is: get the ball, kick it to your goal. The whole part about passing it to team members that are open instead of hogging it all to yourself will come later I'm sure! At least I hope...
Nicole is in the middle there....her team is in navy uniforms, while the other team was in royal....kind of hard to tell any of them apart in this game! Nicole did get one goal toward the end of her game, and was pretty proud of herself.
**First, a disclaimer: No, our son is not wearing a soccer dress. For some reason, the league gives out uniforms that are veeerrrrryyyyyy large for the kids, and the littlest kids get the brunt of the largeness....most of these kids are just coming out of toddler sizes, and well, they don't make soccer uniforms in 4T. You should see the socks. They go all the way to the knee, then fold completely back over the shin guards to his ankle!
Jared actually had a very impressive goal in his game. The ball was kicked in, Jared got it, then took it all the way down the field into the goal!!! He was basically on fire after that and did really well the rest of the game, ending with one more goal. The best though was the little boy on the other team...he was about to get a goal, but then tripped, so he just grabbed the ball and threw it into the goal! Kids are the best! :)




4 comments:
Soccer uniforms crack me up! We have the same problem with bigness. You just can't even tuck in that much fabric.
So cute!! Love the kids soccer games! Our Mr. T played last winter and most days we totally FROZE, but he loved it and the kids were adorable!
In other news...we will be making a trip to Utah next month! When I finalize dates I will let you know and I would love to take your family photo!!!
I love soccer season! I have to comment on your weekly to do list. Scrub the toilets? Haven't you taught your kids that really cool game that all the kids love called "scrubbing the toilets?" I did and then Emerson told his teacher all about it! ;)
I WISH I could do that...alas, when my children are left in the bathroom alone for any reason other than actually sitting there "doing their duty", destruction occurs.....floods, calamities, disasters of mind-numbing proportion, etc....suffice it to say that Nicole & Jared are NOT allowed in the bathroom together. Especially NOT to wash their hands. So the thought of my kids+toilet cleaning supplies leads me to many visualizations, and those would include me calling either roto-rooter or poison control to help me out of my predicament.....so someday, I will be able to turn that nasty job over to the mess makers, but not yet.
You should really meet my kids sometime!
Post a Comment